I'm SO tired of sellers delivering a job so they don't get dinged then asking for more time!

I’m a buyer and a seller and I’ve run into this problem repeatedly. They mark the job delivered to satisfy the fiverr requirement and then send me a message saying the job isn’t completed yet. I found the customer service link after I posted this on how to resolve the problem, but aren’t they just being dishonest?

If volume of jobs pick up, do increase the number of delivery date. I have many buyers want to have express orders and do not mind to pay extra $40-$50 for it, but I always rejected them, as I do quality work and do not want to rush work, but most importantly I know that I cannot complete the project in time.

I do see you have 13 sales and the last one was delivered about a month ago. When your gig starts to go crazy and the more people you have to deal with, there are going to be unexpected situations because of the volume of people/sales you are dealing with. It happens so don’t be too hard on those who are trying their best to meet the buyers demands and still make the sale, otherwise the other option is to cancel.

I do see you have 13 sales and the last one was delivered about a month ago. When your gig starts to go crazy and the more people you have to deal with, there are going to be unexpected situations because of the volume of people/sales you are dealing with. It happens so don’t be too hard on those who are trying their best to meet the buyers demands and still make the sale, otherwise the other option is to cancel.

There have been a few occasions where I was forced to do this. In every case it was when the buyer and I had an agreement, when the order was placed, that I would need more time than the Fiverr timer was giving me. To keep the Fiverr Gods happy I would “deliver” on the order, usually with a sample or portion of the order for the buyer to approve then deliver the rest on the agreed upon date. (Many of these situations came down to a buyer selecting the “extra fast” option to get the order to an agreed upon amount despite it making the deadline impossible to meet.) But again in every case I make sure it is agreed upon at the time of the order being placed. I never wait until the due date to ask for an extension.

Outside of a situation such as that, if a seller is springing an extension on you at the last minute, the best way to handle it is to hit them where it hurts…knock 'em down a few stars in the “timing” category. If I’m a seller and I’m springing an extension on someone at the last minute, I should full well understand I’m probably going to get dinged in the review department.

It all depends on the situation/particular order. :slight_smile: I have personally ‘delivered’ orders before they were completed, but ONLY, when the time was running out and I still hadn’t been given the information that’s required in my gig instructions. I always include that I will happily complete the order when the seller provides what I need as per the instructions.

Yes, if a seller has received what they need according to their gig instructions - and the buyer has ordered according to the GIG DESCRIPTION, the seller is being dishonest.

The trouble is that buyers sometimes ask for something other than exactly what the seller is offering, or places an order and then disappears. It’s impossible to know who’s at fault without knowing every detail of the order.

“I do see you have 13 sales and the last one was delivered about a month ago. When your gig starts to go crazy and the more people you have to deal with” … I understand people being busy but that doesn’t have anything to do with it. She’s not finished NOT because she’s busy. She’s not finished because she hasn’t been able to obtain the things promised in her gig. This person’s gig’s states they will deliver a certain product in a certain number of days. She’s not able to do that and is now saying it will take longer because sometimes “these things take longer”.

The seller NEVER delivered the product so I had to go to customer support to request a refund. I can’t believe she marked it delivered and never supplied the product. I waited until the 12th day (to request the refund before she could pull the money out). I’m so surprised and extremely disappointed. I wonder exactly how long I was supposed to wait!!

Some sellers are impossible, I have demanded cancellations when that happens. One important note, if you ever find a seller you like, do favor his gig. It will save you trouble in the future.

itsyourthing said: I have personally 'delivered' orders before they were completed, but ONLY, when the time was running out and I still hadn't been given the information that's required in my gig instructions.

This isn't allowed - it's a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service. If you are having this issues you need to communicate with the Buyer or prompt cancellation. Be aware that violating Fiverr's TOS can get features (like being able to Sell gigs here) removed from your account, or get you banned here on Fiverr as you agreed to these terms during sign up.

carlette said: I wonder exactly how long I was supposed to wait!!

The max I would recommend would be 72-hours (and even that's a lot of time in my opinion) and this is only if you've requested modification and you haven't receive what you ordered. Do not wait longer than two weeks, if the order is marked a complete you won't be able to get your money back after that point as the Seller would have likely already received the payment and cashed out.

Reply to @thepromogirl: I appreciate your concern, but I believe my actions fulfill the ‘spirit of the law’ sufficiently to satisfy the Terms.

Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Work button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Gig. Without receiving the information required in the gig instructions, the buyer has nullified the possibility of delivering the order “according to the service that was purchased and advertised…” If a buyer wishes to purchase a ‘blank order’, that’s their prerogative. Tip gigs are an example - how many sellers deliver proof to the buyer of their buying a cup of coffee, taking their child to the zoo or whatever else they put in their gig description?

Using the “Deliver Work” button when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the seller’s rating and result in a warning to seller. Seller-initiated order cancellations affect a seller’s rating as well. I don’t have a problem with a “warning”.

To be quite honest, I believe Fiverr prefers to focus on the Terms that may cost them money. I do actually read and abide by TOS on websites, but in the case of Fiverr, the Terms are intentionally vague to allow flexibility of interpretation to ensure the greatest possible revenues for Fiverr, and that’s exactly what I’ve done. :wink:

itsyourthing said: I don't have a problem with a "warning".

If that's what works for you, that's work for you. With that said, when it comes to Fiverr's Terms they are are not vague at all and aren't up for interpretation. It's Fiverr's site and Fiverr's Terms of Service. However, you're putting yourself at risk of getting a warning, losing the ability to sell on Fiverr, losing your Level as Seller or your account banned here on Fiverr. I would just hate to see this happen despite warnings stay on your account for some time and does affect consideration for Levels or TRS status.

Fiverr's goal for users it to promote and provide helpful information, but the as practices you're promoting publicly here to other members of the community, as well as the methods are using, are a clear violation and have very serious consequences.

These methods are not one that I would recommend promoting to other users in the community as these same consequences may result should they use the practices your promoting. Fiverr does factor community leadership when it comes to no only promoting but demoting Levels. I would just be careful the sort of practices you promote to other users and use yourself. >:D<

Reply to @thepromogirl: Thanks. I’m not promoting any activity, only stating what I have done twice in the past and explaining my rational for working within the Fiverr system when there’s a breakdown in the ordering process.

I certainly do hope that the system is improved to allow for more effective interactions. It’s definitely my preference to provide professional and complete services (as I always do when buyers fulfill their obligation of following instructions) - and reap the rewards of glowing, positive feedback. :slight_smile:

And just a quick note; I didn’t come up with the idea of delivering IOUs, it was recommended by several TRSs in other forum threads.