I'm Worried, I need Suggestions!

iamspider

Hello! I’m sharing my experience or issue because I need help or suggestions

I’m level 2 seller on Fiverr, I created my account 2 years before in 2018 but I didn’t give time because I was doing blogging on that time then I became active on Fiverr in 2019 November, I started sending buyer requests daily and I got 2 orders in the month of November 2019 and I got 5 star reviews then I started sending buyer requests but didn’t get any order till 29 December.

I got order on 7th January 2020 and from 7th January till 31st April I completed around 90+ orders and got positive reviews and 2 negative reviews and trust me 9 orders remained in queue all the time and 15 cancellation in which 60% of the cancellation were because of buyer’s unresponsiveness.

From 8th may till now I didn’t get any inquiry or order from the new buyer, I was worried because I was suffering from hard times, financial crises etc. After one month I was reading on forum and I consulted with some experts and they suggested me to change the tags and images because now your gig is on the last page.

I started changing the tags and images with gap of 15-20 days but didn’t happen, Even after 10 changes I didn’t get any result on that time I was unable to see my statistics.

From 6th May till now 15th September the situation is same, my profile is totally dead. I recently consulted an expert, she said just increase the prices of the gigs and don’t make any change before 30 days. I increased the prices to 100, 200, 300 and initially my prices were 10, 15, 20 but my orders were above than 50, 100 etc.

I need your suggestions, I’m worried!

Who are these “experts”?

You weren’t getting any orders so you increased your prices 10x? I would put your prices back down and then stop making changes to your gigs! When you make loads of changes to your gigs it can sometimes move you around in the search results. Just leave it!

Should I put my prices down to the initial prices? Actually those experts are top rated seller on Fiverr, they said that “you’re providing WordPress website designing services and the prices are too low”

Should I put my prices down to the initial prices? Actually those experts are top rated seller on Fiverr, they said that “you’re providing WordPress website designing services and the prices are too low”

I promise you the reason you weren’t getting orders was not because your prices were too low.

I don’t know what the appropriate price range for this type of work is, but if you weren’t getting orders when your gigs were cheap, making them expensive won’t fix it.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Okay I’ll share my gig in social media profile and groups, I’ll remain active too 24 hours. I tried Customer Support many times and told them my issue but they didn’t give me any suggestion.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

And active 24 hours. You will get order 100%

Could you explain how staying active 24 hours will 100% guarantee an order?

Because, veteran, experienced sellers all across the forum have pointed out time and time again that this is nonsense.

Because, veteran, experienced sellers all across the forum have pointed out time and time again that this is nonsense.

Can you give me any suggestions?

Sorry if i give any wrong information.

But, if you’re providing the information, you must be doing so based off of your own experiences, no? Surely if you’re telling someone to be active 24/7, it’s because that’s what you do, and it’s having amazing results for you? If you’re just repeating what you’ve heard from other people, how do you know that you’re not spreading misinformation?

I’m just going to leave this here;

People keep repeating the same wrong advice - and newbies are deceived by it. Here’s my take on it - share if you feel so inclined:

give me any suggestions?

Yes! There’s LOADS of content for you to read through from experienced sellers that will provide a tonne of valuable information for you.

These articles may help you

I’m reading the links or sources you provided, I’m really thankful to you sir!

how staying active 24 hours will 100% guarantee an order?

I can explain it to you, the only benefit is if the buyer want some urgent work. They will look for sellers who are online. I had a few buyers want work to be done in 1-2 hrs, and they can’t wait for hrs for other sellers to reply to their enquiry. If your buyer need urgent work,most likely they will hire a seller who is online

I can explain it to you, the only benefit is if the buyer want some urgent work. They will look for sellers who are online. I had a few buyers want work to be done in 1-2 hrs, and they can’t wait for hrs for other sellers to reply to their enquiry. If your buyer need urgent work,most likely they will hire a seller who is online

I can explain it to you

My question was, if I’m honest, rhetorical, but thanks for taking the time to provide an answer anyway. It does annoy me when people suggest nonsense advice, then don’t back it up when you ask them to, so I do genuinely appreciate that you answered on behalf of the person who suggested it.

the only benefit is if the buyer want some urgent work. They will look for sellers who are online.

Whilst I don’t debate this, what I do debate is the idea that doing this is an effective way to run a Fiverr profile. I’d argue that it’s a much better business model to grow your business around providing quality work than it is to grow your business around providing quick work.

Plus, let’s be honest - being active 24/7 simply isn’t possible. We’re humans, and we need sleep and rest to survive. Not to mention downtime, family time, time for hobbies/social interaction etc. Sitting by your computer for 24 hours in the hopes of getting an order MIGHT produce a bit of work for you, but at what cost?

I can explain it to you

My question was, if I’m honest, rhetorical, but thanks for taking the time to provide an answer anyway. It does annoy me when people suggest nonsense advice, then don’t back it up when you ask them to, so I do genuinely appreciate that you answered on behalf of the person who suggested it.

the only benefit is if the buyer want some urgent work. They will look for sellers who are online.

Whilst I don’t debate this, what I do debate is the idea that doing this is an effective way to run a Fiverr profile. I’d argue that it’s a much better business model to grow your business around providing quality work than it is to grow your business around providing quick work.

Plus, let’s be honest - being active 24/7 simply isn’t possible. We’re humans, and we need sleep and rest to survive. Not to mention downtime, family time, time for hobbies/social interaction etc. Sitting by your computer for 24 hours in the hopes of getting an order MIGHT produce a bit of work for you, but at what cost?

quality work than it is to grow your business around providing quick work.

Dont worry, I provide quick and quality work, if their work needs more time, I’ll inform them upfront.

being active 24/7 simply isn’t possible.

Yes, I personally also dont agree with 24/7 and never will.

Sitting by your computer for 24 hours in the hopes

Haha, I do know ppl doing this, but I just open Fiverr and let it run in background while doing real-life work.

Hello! I’m sharing my experience or issue because I need help or suggestions

I’m level 2 seller on Fiverr, I created my account 2 years before in 2018 but I didn’t give time because I was doing blogging on that time then I became active on Fiverr in 2019 November, I started sending buyer requests daily and I got 2 orders in the month of November 2019 and I got 5 star reviews then I started sending buyer requests but didn’t get any order till 29 December.

I got order on 7th January 2020 and from 7th January till 31st April I completed around 90+ orders and got positive reviews and 2 negative reviews and trust me 9 orders remained in queue all the time and 15 cancellation in which 60% of the cancellation were because of buyer’s unresponsiveness.

From 8th may till now I didn’t get any inquiry or order from the new buyer, I was worried because I was suffering from hard times, financial crises etc. After one month I was reading on forum and I consulted with some experts and they suggested me to change the tags and images because now your gig is on the last page.

I started changing the tags and images with gap of 15-20 days but didn’t happen, Even after 10 changes I didn’t get any result on that time I was unable to see my statistics.

From 6th May till now 15th September the situation is same, my profile is totally dead. I recently consulted an expert, she said just increase the prices of the gigs and don’t make any change before 30 days. I increased the prices to 100, 200, 300 and initially my prices were 10, 15, 20 but my orders were above than 50, 100 etc.

I need your suggestions, I’m worried!

2 negative reviews and trust me 9 orders remained in queue all the time and 15 cancellation in which 60% of the cancellation were because of buyer’s unresponsiveness.

It can already have a negative impact on your stats if you have 1 mutual cancellation, let alone 15. No surprise Fiverr buried your gigs somewhere on the last pages. The only way that seems to work to get out of this is to accept the fact you will not receive a lot of orders for a long time and deliver all of those, in best case with good reviews. Eventually you’ll be able to climb back up the ladder. The more affordable your prices, the more likely cheap buyers will contact you and try to get free work done. If your prices are too expensive now, you won’t be able to get a lot of orders that you need to improve your ranking. So find a good middle ground that keeps your head above water, don’t change your gigs anymore after settling for a price that works for you and I suppose keep replying to buyer requests.

That’s my suggestion.

2 negative reviews and trust me 9 orders remained in queue all the time and 15 cancellation in which 60% of the cancellation were because of buyer’s unresponsiveness.

It can already have a negative impact on your stats if you have 1 mutual cancellation, let alone 15. No surprise Fiverr buried your gigs somewhere on the last pages. The only way that seems to work to get out of this is to accept the fact you will not receive a lot of orders for a long time and deliver all of those, in best case with good reviews. Eventually you’ll be able to climb back up the ladder. The more affordable your prices, the more likely cheap buyers will contact you and try to get free work done. If your prices are too expensive now, you won’t be able to get a lot of orders that you need to improve your ranking. So find a good middle ground that keeps your head above water, don’t change your gigs anymore after settling for a price that works for you and I suppose keep replying to buyer requests.

That’s my suggestion.

er settling for a price that works for you a

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I’ll follow!

those experts are top rated seller on Fiverr, they said that “you’re providing WordPress website designing services and the prices are too low”

Who were these “experts”, did you contact them through the inbox or here on the forum?

those experts are top rated seller on Fiverr, they said that “you’re providing WordPress website designing services and the prices are too low”

Who were these “experts”, did you contact them through the inbox or here on the forum?

They are on my social media circle!

Please give me suggestions, I’m suffering from hard time, I’m unable to get through this downfall

Okay I’ll share my gig in social media profile and groups, I’ll remain active too 24 hours. I tried Customer Support many times and told them my issue but they didn’t give me any suggestion.

Don’t do it. The first is spam and the second is bad for your health.

People keep repeating the same wrong advice - and newbies are deceived by it. Here’s my take on it - share if you feel so inclined:

@iamspider - don’t ask other sellers for privatte help, either here or from your social media circle. Particularly now, when there are huge numbers of new sellers.

Some more experienced sellers can be … tricky.

Use the search bar here for many genuine articles that will be of help to you. Start with these:

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service .

Guidelines / Do’s and Dont’s - Updated 2018Of as much importance as the rules above, these are some additional items to keep in mind as they are suggested best practices and though they may not all be strictly against the rules, posts may be removed/edited and users may have their accounts affected if they push the boundaries too far. First - when the new forum was launched on 12/19/2016 it came with a default set of FAQs/Guidelines. These will be merged later, but for now they should also be…

I read a lot of wonderful posts here but never contributed much. So, in this post, I’ll share my insights for what I’ve learned in my Fiverr journey and how can you get more orders if you are a new and level 1 seller. A little about myself first- I am a 27 yr old digital marketer and joined Fiverr last September. I’ve been jumping forth and back from New Seller to Level 1 (credit to the order completion rate). I still don’t make much from Fiverr, it’s around $150-$200/month but it pays some of…

Introduction– This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation/education. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ‘Other Resources’ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, and…

In my recent poll, the following results occurred. 51% of us admitted “I do not do enough marketing”30% of us know/believe “I do not show up in search results”Only 12% of us have “got an order from a client I brought to Fiverr myself”Only 10% of us have “got an order from a client through social media”7% said “Our marketing is not working even though I spend time and money on it”It is clear that we need to do more ourselves to build our business and increase our sales. If you read the fo…

We’ve all seen these posts here on the forum from time to time. Many sellers have the same question: “Why isn’t my gig visible when I search for it?” and “What’s up with Fiverr’s algorithm? My gig is on the last page!!!”. In this post I’ll try to answer those questions, and give some (hopefully) helpful tips and tricks to help you rank your gig in Fiverr Search, and get more orders and better visibility. This isn’t a full-proof guide in any way. Following these tips doesn’t guarantee top plac…

So many new sellers come on the forum complaining that they have been on the site for a few days or weeks and are fed up waiting for orders. Some sellers wait months or more to get their first order! Don’t wait! Check out: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers for hundreds of tips on how to get orders. Take time to read, learn, and take action! That is the only way to get orders! Be a Doer! Try it out for yourself! Good luck! slightly_smiling_face

Making money on Fiverr is becoming more difficult these days, with so many new people joining up hoping to earn money on Fiverr quickly. Here are my thoughts on this - and, yes, it involves some work and thought before publishing a gig!

urgent work

If you’re online 24/7 you aren’t actually going to be active for that entire time.

Buyers that want urgent work expect work to be done urgently - if you’re asleep and simply pretending to be active, obviously you can’t do that.

Pretending to be active is dishonest and will not help you at all in the long run. Anyone that seriously advocates doing this should be ignored.

urgent work

If you’re online 24/7 you aren’t actually going to be active for that entire time.

Buyers that want urgent work expect work to be done urgently - if you’re asleep and simply pretending to be active, obviously you can’t do that.

Pretending to be active is dishonest and will not help you at all in the long run. Anyone that seriously advocates doing this should be ignored.

if you’re asleep and simply pretending to be active, obviously you can’t do that.

🙂 below, I never do 24/7 and pretend to stay online…

I just open Fiverr and let it run in background while doing real-life work.

if you’re asleep and simply pretending to be active, obviously you can’t do that.

🙂 below, I never do 24/7 and pretend to stay online…

I just open Fiverr and let it run in background while doing real-life work.

I wasn’t accusing you of anything.

Simply making general statements not directed at anyone specifically in this thread.

🙂

In that context, I’m using “you” and “you’re” to refer to anyone that does attempt to do that. I read your posts - I already knew you don’t do it.

Archived