Fiverr Forum

Image sizing

Fiverr keeps asking me to use different photos but the reason I use the same one is because no images are the right size. I even search for pictures that are supposed to be within the dimensions of 682x482. I literally had to upload dozens of pictures and spend a long time just to get one that was allowed. I save every relevant image within the first page on google and nothing works.

Reply to @biancha: Did you know how to do that before you learned how to do it? Learning how to use layers is not a task for the inexperienced.

There are tons of posts here on the Fiverr forums from people who have trouble getting their images approved. If it was so simple for them it they wouldn’t seeking help.

You were gracious to offer you expertise to the OP and I have privately done so in the past. But I saw a need…

Reply to @biancha: You are such a nice person. :slight_smile:

Hello Jennifer! When I create a gig it says they want the image dimensions to be 682 X 459 (instead of 682 X 482). Using Photoshop makes it easy. Alternatively, there are probably a lot of free online photo editors…

p.s. There are sellers here with Photoshop gigs. You could probably pay one $5 to edit a few pictures for you.

i can do it for free, i will fix your pictures, contact me via inbox :slight_smile: no need to spend money on something so simple.

Of course i wont do a billion pics ! hahahah but yeah i will help you out <3

Reply to @typingservice: aw thanks im just trying to help. If i was on the same situation i would not like to spend $5 on a simple resize image “service” :stuck_out_tongue:

Since we all know or at least those who work with photo editing, it takes about 3 seconds to resize , save and boom its done.

Well, it’s not a simple matter sometimes. There are times when you can’t resize the dimensions and have it fit the required space without losing content or having empty space on the borders and so on.

I have a Gig for that.

Reply to @ricksper: how is not that simple? you can always just add a layer , fill the missing space with a nice flat bg with the users name and boom.

Here is an example.

i used a cartoo image as an example, but i did the same with her pic.

Kept the original dimension and on the remaining areas put her name.

I dont think anyone would need to charge $ for something so simple.

But then again its fiverr, everyone wants to sell you EVERYTHING.

<3 Biancha

Sheriff’s Note: When attaching images to the forum, please limit the dimensions to 670 (width) x 315 (height) pixels.

:smiley:

Reply to @ricksper: i understand your point.

I just believe if we the community on the forums can help each other with simple tasks there is no need to spend $ on something so simple.

Did i know how to do this before learning? What kind of question is that, the answer is clearly “no”. But my dear friend “search engine” was there for me.

adding layers is very easy.

takes 3 clicks to do it.

Then add the text - 1 click , type text.

add bg - 2 clicks or just drag and drop.

select a brush and add effect - 3 clicks.

everything in less than 2 minutes for a simple pic just like the one she needed.

No need to be greedy , i myself could have go " i will do that for $5 " but the fact that she asked for help was enough for me to help someone in need.

i rather have a "thank you " than a “you earned $4.”

<3 Biancha

biancha said: adding layers is very easy.
takes 3 clicks to do it.
Then add the text - 1 click , type text.
add bg - 2 clicks or just drag and drop.
select a brush and add effect - 3 clicks.

Great, now show someone that's having a problem or needs to get their Gig uploaded quickly a Photoshop or other unfamiliar graphics application's desktop and tell them to just do it.

Reply to @ricksper: sure, forward them to me and i will show them how to do it or do it myself for free if its something as simple as that image :slight_smile:

or better , here is a video i just made :slight_smile:

come on people, follow the video and do it yourself!

It took me less than 2 minutes. it will probably take new users about 10 min :slight_smile:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJUORwpzA30

(this link is not self promotion mr fiverr sheriff :slight_smile: its a tutorial for those who dont want to throw away $5 on a simple task)

biancha said: forward them to me and i will show them how to do it or do it myself for free

Will do.

Reply to @ricksper: Thank you kind person. <3