Imagine if Buyers could choose the seller's deadline upon placing their order

boslass

I reckon there’d be a collective idea of “someone else will give them more time” and a lot of people would end up giving one or two days. I imagined getting home from school to find six new orders with two hours each on them.

Guest mcromano

Reply to @madmoo:

I have a few regular customers which I’ve come to befriend over long projects spanning a few months (and more than a few gigs) and those are the only ones I trust regarding late delivery.

If I have bad luck and happen to deliver late and I know it, I always offer up a freebie to appease the customer.

Guest mcromano

I don’t think most people would even consider being merciful.

How many people do you come across in real life that go like “it’s their job, they should do it faster!” regarding store clerks, cleaners, lawyers, and many other professions?

There’s a deep sense of entitlement that’s been festering in the collective customer consciousness in general, irl and also on the fiverr market. I blame the whole “the customer is always right” spiel…and general human stupidity.

I adore the lead time system - I mean, who knows better than you how much time you have and how you organize it? It lets the customer know when to expect the work and gets the naggy ones off your back, if only a little.

Archived