Imcomplete gigs (almost 100)

Hi,

I think Fiverr should setup a system that notify buyers that they have incomplete gig, and if they don’t provide seller information, the gig will automatically mark complete or being refunded. Because currently I have almost 100 incomplete gigs siting on ALL ACTIVE section…

Reply to @vedmak: I thought about that. My worry is, the buyer won’t respond in time and the gig gets marked as complete, then the buyer finally messages me and what they want is not what I offer. How could I give them a refund? They would have to create a gig and I buy that? That would mean he’ll only get $4, unless I over pay and buy two, but that would still mean he’ll have to wait 14-17 days to receive his money. I maybe overthinking it, but things happen and most buyers are slow to respond.

Reply to @vedmak: I thought about that. My worry is, the buyer won’t respond in time and the gig gets marked as complete, then the buyer finally messages me and what they want is not what I offer. How could I give them a refund? They would have to create a gig and I buy that? That would mean he’ll only get $4, unless I over pay and buy two, but that would still mean he’ll have to wait 14-17 days to receive his money. I maybe overthinking it, but things happen and most buyers are slow to respond.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest marsch001

That’s A LOT of incomplete gigs! I currently have one, that was given to me as a tip, without the buyer realising that I have my gig set up so that the buyer needs to send me information before I can start (I translate; it cuts away on the delivery time, if they have what they want translated ready to go) and even if I removed that feature temporarily, it doesn’t affect the existing gig (as I learned in another thread). I have contacted the buyer, but he has not been online since ordering - I check back now and again, and if I see that he’s been online without replying to my message, I will probably send another one. But it’s pointless to send another message now when he’s not seen the first yet.

Which has nothing to do with this thread, sorry. Are some of those orders repeat customers? Have you checked to see when they were last online? If they’ve been online since ordering, and you’ve messaged them, then it’s odd that they’ve not done something about it!

It sounds like a good idea, but 100 incomplete orders? I have been here for two years and albeit I took a long hiatus and came back, I have never had that many incomplete orders. I think at most I have had 10 to 15. Maybe you should relay the information to the buyers in particular ahead of time in your gig description or something to reduce the # of pending incomplete orders? There was a new feature released recently for if you have a pending incomplete order you can do a force cancel instantly without it effecting your ratings after I think it was 7 days.

Archived