Fiverr Forum

Importance of a Video

Hey guys,

I know this question may have been discussed here on several occasions. however I have searched here and didn’t see the answer to what I’m asking here.

So I said hey, that’s why this forum exists :slight_smile:

I know that everyone say a video is very important. can attract potential buyers etc.

I am sure it can do no harm, but it does take time of preparations. and for someone like me(I do windows application development mainly), I am not sure it’s cost effective, as my time is limited as is.

Another point, if I do choose to have a video done, does it have to be done by me? is hiring someone for this out of the question?

I’d love to hear your opinions.

Thanks guys!

Personally, I don’t see it as being really out of the question. For mine, since they are writing, I am thinking of hiring someone for a voice over for my own videos. So I guess as long as it is still advertising your gig it should be fine in my opinion.

You can be creative as you want with your videos and yes you can even hire someone

You can make the video yourself or hire someone! The main point of the video is to explain your gig further or for those who’d rather watch then read :slight_smile: I actually made a video for a seller with photos and provided the info in a voice over so it has been done! :slight_smile:

Thank you guys :slight_smile:

You have given me interesting insights about this.

I think I’m gonna invest some time on this now. it seems as though it can be worth it.

But tell me please, had any of you a gig that you didn’t put a video on it for starters and then adding one boosted your sales on it? anyone heard of such case?

Thanks again ! =]

I feel like a video did make a difference. All my gigs started out video-less and once added a video I saw some different. BUT on the other hand I do have a few gigs that don’t have videos and they seem to get found here and there.

Reply to @ceceliavo: Good to know, thanks! :slight_smile:

Reply to @skylus: not a problem.

Personally, I don’t see it as being really out of the question. For mine, since they are writing, I am thinking of hiring someone for a voice over for my own videos. So I guess as long as it is still advertising your gig it should be fine in my opinion.

You can be creative as you want with your videos and yes you can even hire someone

You can make the video yourself or hire someone! The main point of the video is to explain your gig further or for those who’d rather watch then read :slight_smile: I actually made a video for a seller with photos and provided the info in a voice over so it has been done! :slight_smile:

I think I’m gonna invest some time on this now. it seems as though it can be worth it.

But tell me please, had any of you a gig that you didn’t put a video on it for starters and then adding one boosted your sales on it? anyone heard of such case?

Thanks again ! =]

I feel like a video did make a difference. All my gigs started out video-less and once added a video I saw some different. BUT on the other hand I do have a few gigs that don’t have videos and they seem to get found here and there.

Reply to @ceceliavo: Good to know, thanks! :slight_smile:

Reply to @skylus: not a problem.

Thanks again ! =]