Impressions / Clicks / Messages & Orders - Stopped Abruptly

finalcutallen

Hello fellow Freelancers,

Since the 15th of this month(November), all of a sudden I stopped receiving messages from new clients.

I reviewed my gig statistics and noticed a sudden drop in my impressions.
I have not changed anything on my gigs or done anything really to mess up my SEO.

I have two gigs which used to be very popular and I was getting thousands of impressions daily, a lot of messages and I would have at least 5 new orders per day. I was on first page.

At this point, it has been 6 days since I received my last message from a new client.
Is anyone else experience the same abrupt stop, while you haven’t done absolutely anything to provoke this kind of drop?

Is this a normal thing? Do I need to change anything in my gigs to make them go back where they used to be? Will they re-appear magically back where they used to be after some time?

I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for this I just can’t find the answer anywhere and the support team understandably is giving templated answers as they are not trained for this stuff and they surely are advised to not talk about this with us.

So I am relying on your help!

Tell me your stories, have you experienced a similar thing? If yes, did you fix it? How? When?
All the details you can offer are super important to give me a clear understanding of what is going on.

Thank you all in advance!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello fellow Freelancers,

Since the 15th of this month(November), all of a sudden I stopped receiving messages from new clients.

I reviewed my gig statistics and noticed a sudden drop in my impressions.

I have not changed anything on my gigs or done anything really to mess up my SEO.

I have two gigs which used to be very popular and I was getting thousands of impressions daily, a lot of messages and I would have at least 5 new orders per day. I was on first page.

At this point, it has been 6 days since I received my last message from a new client.

Is anyone else experience the same abrupt stop, while you haven’t done absolutely anything to provoke this kind of drop?

Is this a normal thing? Do I need to change anything in my gigs to make them go back where they used to be? Will they re-appear magically back where they used to be after some time?

I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for this I just can’t find the answer anywhere and the support team understandably is giving templated answers as they are not trained for this stuff and they surely are advised to not talk about this with us.

So I am relying on your help!

Tell me your stories, have you experienced a similar thing? If yes, did you fix it? How? When?

All the details you can offer are super important to give me a clear understanding of what is going on.

Thank you all in advance!

Is this a normal thing?

Yes, it is. There are double and triple the number of sellers here since the pandemic started. I can not find the post now, however just a few days ago another seller posted a reply he got from Fiverr CS saying they are rotating gigs so that most sellers’s gigs get a chance to be in the first pages eventually.

So now is your turn to not be in the limelight. Some sellers have reported it taking as long as a month to get back on track, others have said a week or two.

Edit: @finalcutallen I also see you are a newish seller. Fiverr gives new sellers a boost, so you may be coming off of that phase now.

Is this a normal thing?

Yes, it is. There are double and triple the number of sellers here since the pandemic started. I can not find the post now, however just a few days ago another seller posted a reply he got from Fiverr CS saying they are rotating gigs so that most sellers’s gigs get a chance to be in the first pages eventually.

So now is your turn to not be in the limelight. Some sellers have reported it taking as long as a month to get back on track, others have said a week or two.

Edit: @finalcutallen I also see you are a newish seller. Fiverr gives new sellers a boost, so you may be coming off of that phase now.

I can not find the post now, however just a few days ago another seller posted a reply he got from Fiverr CS

Hi there, I contacted the support regarding the gig ranking issue where all the good sellers with good ratings are pushed back to last page without any reason. The support agent answered to that question clearly so now we shouldnt be arguing over it. My question to CS: Greetings, So you are saying that gigs on first pages are being pushed back to give new sellers a chance to come up? Am i correct? I posted the part of my question of my inquiry, as rest had my other questions. To this the su…

Thank you kindly for your replies!
Okay, I guess it is what it is then 🙂

It’s a nice thing that they give new sellers to get a taste of what it’s like to be on Fiverr, but seems like SEO is not all that important after all here.

I’m curious how other sellers are constantly on first page. I know for sure a few sellers who have not left first page at all from my niche which is video editing.

So I’m not entirely sure what is true anymore lol.

Fiverr’s algorithm will remain a mystery i guess

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet for me.
Waiting patiently until the next reset which is the 15th of the month.

My advice is to build great relationship with your clients once you resolve this, as these down-times will occur more frequently than you like.

By building a good relationship with your clients (depending what you are offering as a service of course), will pretty much guarantee that you will stay super busy even when you get no new clients.

Good luck!

Not yet for me.

Waiting patiently until the next reset which is the 15th of the month.

My advice is to build great relationship with your clients once you resolve this, as these down-times will occur more frequently than you like.

By building a good relationship with your clients (depending what you are offering as a service of course), will pretty much guarantee that you will stay super busy even when you get no new clients.

Good luck!

My impressions recovered to previous normal level for 2 days and then went back to the low level again and staying same.

This is getting weird now. The first page for my top keywords are filled with 4.8, 4.9 rating gigs (I am top rated seller with 5.0 rating for more than 350 completed projects)

Based on my experience,
Conversion rate is most important for your gig rank.
everytime you got message from client and make them order your gigs, your conversion will up, and after that, your gig will gradually up on search page.

Note : You can only see your conversion rate on Fiverr apps.

Based on my experience,

Conversion rate is most important for your gig rank.

everytime you got message from client and make them order your gigs, your conversion will up, and after that, your gig will gradually up on search page.

Note : You can only see your conversion rate on Fiverr apps.

You are stating the obvious here but that’s not the issue we are currently discussing. This isn’t related to gradual rise or fall of a gig.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update for people experiencing the same issue:

I still have the same issue after more than 1 month. Messages cut off abruptly, impressions plummeted from thousands per day to literally nothing and literally all my gigs are on the last page, no matter what key term you search while before I was on first page, first line.

I will start working on a few fixes and if any will work, I will be back to let you know!
Let’s figure out this nightmare algorithm together! Stay tuned.

I still have the same issue after more than 1 month. Messages cut off abruptly, impressions plummeted from thousands per day to literally nothing and literally all my gigs are on the last page, no matter what key term you search while before I was on first page, first line.

I will start working on a few fixes and if any will work, I will be back to let you know!

@finalcutallen I don’t think there is much we can do. My impressions plummeted on Nov 15 from 2000+ to less than 200 per day. They came back on Dec 1 for 2 days, plummeted back again, came back up on Dec 6, and then plummeted again and they are down for the last 2 weeks.

Something weird is going on with the search ranking. For all those who saying “be patient” please hold your horses. I am not a newbie impatient seller trying to make my first dollar here. I have been a Top Seller for more than two years and I know what I am talking about. This isn’t normal ranking up & down.

I’m on the same boat mate. For me it started on 16th Nov and it was recovered on Dec 2 and From 9th Dec again gradual drop and now it is flat. Moving along with my great repeat buyers. I hope there will be a solution to this. I agree on giving opportunity to new sellers but at least 2 weeks or 10 days in a month would be good for me to earn new buyers. But the sad thing is it’s not lasting more than 5 days.

@finalcutallen I don’t think there is much we can do. My impressions plummeted on Nov 15 from 2000+ to less than 200 per day. They came back on Dec 1 for 2 days, plummeted back again, came back up on Dec 6, and then plummeted again and they are down for the last 2 weeks.

Something weird is going on with the search ranking. For all those who saying “be patient” please hold your horses. I am not a newbie impatient seller trying to make my first dollar here. I have been a Top Seller for more than two years and I know what I am talking about. This isn’t normal ranking up & down.

Well, It’s the same thing on my side too.

I can agree with you. This ‘be patient’ is at this moment provocative to me. I am also TRS and have been on here for almost 7 years. November was great. In December I received 2 orders only. I wrote to customer support but they don’t care obviously. I am losing hope in this platform lately. These oscilations and ranking system is bad, really bad.

I can agree with you. This ‘be patient’ is at this moment provocative to me. I am also TRS and have been on here for almost 7 years. November was great. In December I received 2 orders only. I wrote to customer support but they don’t care obviously. I am losing hope in this platform lately. These oscilations and ranking system is bad, really bad.

same here it’s been 5 years for me and I saw ups and downs but from 1st December the graph kept decreasing. November I was on 1st page of my category but in December I was at 19th page all of a sudden even when I was making good sales.

I hope no one flags me but just posting an opinion that this might have something to do with the “Promoted Gigs” because every forum post that I read about this topic is after that feature was launched to Selected Gigs. I have friends who have this feature and they are making good sales with 30+ orders in queue at a moment but those who don’t have this including me have lost even the organic traffic.

My impressions plummeted on Nov 15 from 2000+ to less than 200 per day. They came back on Dec 1 for 2 days, plummeted back again, came back up on Dec 6, and then plummeted again and they are down for the last 2 weeks.

I’m totally agree with your opinion. I’m a seller here since 2016. My gig was on the 1st page and suddenly on the 9th of December it dropped to the 18th. After few days my gig returned to the 1st page for just 1 day and then again dropped to the 18th. My usual impressions were about 1.5 - 2.5k per day and now I have only 350. I can’t find my gig under my keywords without using additional filters (seller’s country).

Under “Best selling” filter in my category I see sellers with just few reviews or even without ANY REVIEW it is a non-sense.

I suggest we all open a ticket with support and ask them to look into this as a possible bug. This isn’t normal up and down in ranking else it will happen to all sellers. But I am a member of a large group of sellers and none of them have seen any such fluctuation with their accounts. This is happening to larger and older accounts.

Archived