Impressions dropped after price change

cosmicarchitect

Hello!

I had a gig that was ranking on page 1, often went on page 2 sometimes. Since I had originally underpriced my work to get a few initial orders, I decided to bump two of my packages up by $5. I did this exactly one month ago. Ever since I changed the price, my impressions have dropped drastically and I have now been getting less that 40 impressions a day, compared to an average of 450 that I used to get.

I’ve tried changing my gig description and images 2 weeks later, and have done this twice but still have no luck getting them back up.

What can I do now? Is there anyway to improve my gig? Or should I just start a new one? I have some good reviews on the gig, which is why I’m hesitant to start another one.

Thanks

Hello!

I had a gig that was ranking on page 1, often went on page 2 sometimes. Since I had originally underpriced my work to get a few initial orders, I decided to bump two of my packages up by $5. I did this exactly one month ago. Ever since I changed the price, my impressions have dropped drastically and I have now been getting less that 40 impressions a day, compared to an average of 450 that I used to get.

I’ve tried changing my gig description and images 2 weeks later, and have done this twice but still have no luck getting them back up.

What can I do now? Is there anyway to improve my gig? Or should I just start a new one? I have some good reviews on the gig, which is why I’m hesitant to start another one.

Thanks

I had a gig that was ranking on page 1, often went on page 2 sometimes.

It is normal on Fiverr for your gig’s search placement to change drastically. Here is the explanation one user got from support: ⬇️

There are about 15 posts a day from sellers (mostly new) who are saying they cannot find their gigs in search. I did a little experiment with my own gigs and found something out. You can search your gig and find it at the bottom then the next search can find it at the top. Gigs can disappear. One time I searched my gig and filtered it down to find it easier. It was nowhere to be found. I tried again 10 minutes later with the same filters and it was in the middle. “Ranking” doesn’t matt…

Since I had originally underpriced my work to get a few initial orders, I decided to bump two of my packages up by $5.

Good for you! 😊

Or should I just start a new one?

No, don’t do that.

Here are some threads that may help you.

Making money on Fiverr is becoming more difficult these days, with so many new people joining up hoping to earn money on Fiverr quickly. Here are my thoughts on this - and, yes, it involves some work and thought before publishing a gig!
If you want more orders, here’s what you need to do: You need to research, understand, and reach out to your target customers. You need to Study, Understand, and Connect. The only people who will hire you, are the people who need your services. So, if you want them to hire you, you need to understand who they are, what they like, and and what they need. Then, you need to determine how your valuable skills can solve their needs. I’ll say that again – THEIR NEEDS, not your needs – not what you wa…

Archived