Impressions suddenly dropped and are staying down

topheadhunter

Hi,

I’m a Level 2 seller, have done some really good work (350+ 5.0 star reviews), clear gig descriptions, good copy, good presentation, even participated in Fiverr PR events.

But for some reason… over the last week, my impressions have taken a huge dive. I know this questions is asked a lot, but I think the pictures of each of my gig analytics is very telling:

1690324704_Screenshot2020-11-12155024.thumb.png.008673708c0666f823b4dc7e23eb8521.png
Screenshot 2020-11-12 1550241234×316 19.9 KB

All 5 of my main gigs have followed this EXACT trend from the 6th of November 2020:

Starting on the 6th this month, all of my gigs have tanked hard. My streak of delivering extreme quality has never faltered on this site. I cannot find a reasonable explanation for this. It appears my gig has just disappeared from search rankings, but I haven’t really made any significant changes to them as of late… this has impacted me quite significantly.

Any thoughts, advice or experience would be greatly valued. Thanks in advance, all.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

There might be several reasons for such a situation.

1. Gig rotation
  2. Demand
  3. Offer

I could see you made some change on Nov 9th, 2020 in your Gig. This change may cause another delay in Gig rank back.

I recommend not to panic, Gigs change their position in SRP and it is normal.

• Like 7
  • Up 2

I’m experiencing the same issue. I have 1,000+ reviews, and from 3rd November, impressions have gone down to almost zero, with no new enquiries. Very strange…

Hey Kevin (and all), just wondering if you had many orders in revision for a while. I’ve had some buyers never come back to me, and was wondering if these long ‘in revision’ times have caused these drops due to a possible new change in Fiverr’s algorithm.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kevin (and all), just wondering if you had many orders in revision for a while. I’ve had some buyers never come back to me, and was wondering if these long ‘in revision’ times have caused these drops due to a possible new change in Fiverr’s algorithm.

Did you get your gig impressions back? I have had the same situation going on since Nov 16. My drop graph is exactly like yours. Fiverr support says nothing wrong.

Please update us. Thanks

• Like 6
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

Y’all still facing this? I was recently promoted to Level Two, got a bunch of orders, have been consistently delivering quality product - but Impressions have…pretty much been crashing. They’ve reached double digits, which has never happened before. CS advised me to see if lightly editing my gig would help, but the Fiverr forum always asks to avoid editing unless absolutely necessary. A lot of Sellers have said that editing a gig had made them lose rank, or made things worse. So, I’m confused about why this is happening. I have never missed a deadline, and my clients have been really happy.

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

I can totally relate to what the OP experienced. Starting this week I got a drop like never before and haven’t changed a single thing on my Gig. CS is not helpful at all. This is anti-natural for any business. Impressions shouldn’t just drop for no reason, everybody looses with this algorithm logic.

1178531111_Impressionsdrop.thumb.png.d05c917ec2a3c26b114de06fd8698b2e.png
Impressions drop1703×452 39 KB

I can also relate to OP’s suspicions on having orders ‘in review’ for a long time may contribute to a negative impact.
I want to add the hypothesis that maybe extending delivery times too frequently for orders may play a role as well…

@topheadhunter could you please update us on this? Has your situation gone back to normal after these months?

• Like 4
  • Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Same thing's happened to me:

image.png.c844b31bb639ab72b106bba2ed5b3dc9.png

This isn't the first time, I find it always has something to do with updating your gig. I added an image into my gig gallery with my most recent work (my best work so it's definitely not a case of my gig looking less appealing now) and the impressions as well as clicks dropped immensely. I went from getting 1 or 2 new inquiries a day to zero over the past week or so. Something similar has happened to me in the past as well, though not really on this scale (or if it did, my gig was taken out of the search results completely - I recommend emailing support if that's the case).

Point being: if you don't want this to happen, just don't update your gig. I don't know why Fiverr does this, but there's nothing you can really do about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/27/2021 at 9:50 PM, iplayguitar said:

Same thing's happened to me:

image.png.c844b31bb639ab72b106bba2ed5b3dc9.png

This isn't the first time, I find it always has something to do with updating your gig. I added an image into my gig gallery with my most recent work (my best work so it's definitely not a case of my gig looking less appealing now) and the impressions as well as clicks dropped immensely. I went from getting 1 or 2 new inquiries a day to zero over the past week or so. Something similar has happened to me in the past as well, though not really on this scale (or if it did, my gig was taken out of the search results completely - I recommend emailing support if that's the case).

Point being: if you don't want this to happen, just don't update your gig. I don't know why Fiverr does this, but there's nothing you can really do about it.

Hi, what is the current status of your gig impression? Was it fixed? What did you do? Please.

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I also got this issue today. 🤕 In this week I got Fiverr's choice order and Among my clients section too. But my impression fall to zero. Please let me know what I can do? Do I need to send offers for buyer request again? Will it come back to the previous position?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

signature9, it's funny you mention this because my situation is identical to yours. I'm a Top Rated Seller with about 1.3K 5* reviews, and have consistently ranked on the 1st or 2nd page for my niche. I typically received 200 or so clicks daily and multiple inquiries. I was selected as fiverr's choice for a couple of weeks, then immediately I fell off the radar. Since then, my clicks are 4-20 per day with virtually no inquiries or orders. I can't find my gigs through standard searches (I think I'm below page 20 which is where the search ends). However, my gigs are active because I can search by seller level and I'm the very last listing in the TRS list of approximately 45. 

Anyway, I'm sorry I don't have anything meaningful to contribute here, other than things have been quiet for me since the 3rd March and show no signs of improvement. I have reached out to customer support, but as expected, there's no further insight they can provide (other than I haven't contravened any rules/guidelines). I'm now running low on orders for the first time in years, so weighing up my options. I think the Promoted Gigs option has promise, though this would be speculative, and of course has no guarantees. Failing that, I'm hoping I can purchase some services to increase my visibility, and hope that with a little boost, my previous record of quality will entice new clients to purchase.  

• Like 3
  • Up 3

• 2 months later...

image.thumb.png.5559b951cae6e58acdbb84ba2bf613ca.pngimage.png.bf800e0294663c48bcbff5ab80acd102.png

Hello Guys, did you guys found any luck on how to bring it back to normal? i usually get arround 1k to 3k impression, but on 15th july it suddenly tanked. If im in rotation, how long does it usually get back to normal? and also any tips and trick that you guys can give in the meantime? thank you 🙂

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/31/2022 at 7:03 PM, gary513 said:

image.thumb.png.5559b951cae6e58acdbb84ba2bf613ca.pngimage.png.bf800e0294663c48bcbff5ab80acd102.png

Hello Guys, did you guys found any luck on how to bring it back to normal? i usually get arround 1k to 3k impression, but on 15th july it suddenly tanked. If im in rotation, how long does it usually get back to normal? and also any tips and trick that you guys can give in the meantime? thank you 🙂

did you get  back your ranking

• Up 2

• 3 months later...