Fiverr Community Forum

Improving one's gig as a service violates ToS?

Do not crucify me but I am a bit lazy to read the ToS. Would a gig “I will dramatically improve your gig with suggestions” be considered against ToS?

Thank you fellow sellers/buyers.

13 Likes

At least you were honest about being lazy. To answer your question, it…(sorry I got too lazy to finish my reply). :laughing:

18 Likes

The point is, how do you improve your gig? If that is possible with marketing then marketing is valid.

4 Likes

Bonus for creativity!

3 Likes

I will review it and tell you what you need to change to make it perform better. Rewrite it too if needed. Is there a conflict with TOS?

1 Like

I suggest you read fiverr TOS

3 Likes

The forum is flooded with sellers who ask for others to critique their gigs and want it done free of charge. Wanting to charge sellers for such a service would be a hard pill to swallow to say the very least.

5 Likes

Lazy freelancers don’t usually last long. I’m also a bit lazy (but a different kind), so here’s a copy/paste.

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”
-Bill Gates

9 Likes

So, do not be lazy when it comes to business.

You did not helped me with this answer, sorry. I asked if it is against ToS to start a service “I will improve your gig” type

3 Likes

I rate your question 2.3-Stars.

It would have been better but I’m too lazy to consider your creativity.

8 Likes

I know of a post that has the answer to this but I am too lazy to find it.

Customer Support will have the answer!

6 Likes

I love your honesty! Haha. But, if laziness is keeping you from reading the ToS, then I don’t know how much you really want to start this career as freelancer. I suggest you to go read that or read topics here on Fiverr related to that.

4 Likes

Well, I… didn’t ask.

1 Like

Watch me doing it. :wink:

I’m too productive too spend time for this, so I placed that question. Thanks.

2 Likes

LOL!

I’m still too lazy to go on about it, though.

1 Like

Lazy copy/paste! (But with emphasis!)

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

It’s not my job to do your work for you. Interesting that you’re lazy, but willing to do someone else’s work for them.

5 Likes

Well, I didn’t order you to do any work. If you know you answer voluntarily.
As far as about business. Business is business. On top of that, forum posts is not my portfolio nor I write professionally in a forum.

I won’t create a profile for somebody else. I will provide suggestions and improvements to already existing profiles. The question was if this allowed. What you keep copypasting does not answer the question.

2 Likes

Alright, alright, I’ll stop teasing.

The way you have worded the ‘I will’ probably would get removed. I wasn’t around for it, but apparently several years ago Fiverr started removing gig-improving-gigs, likely due to that ‘false impression’ section of the ToS. Basically, when someone else did the work, sellers couldn’t meet the quality of their profile or gig, either in communication or the finished work.

What @lloydsolutions suggested is actually valid. IF you want to make a “suggestions only!” gig, that only looks over and makes no corrections, that might be permitted, but it’s best to run it by CS first and have written permission to publish the gig.

You’d probably end up under higher scrutiny, too, if you did get permission.

3 Likes

Thank you, keep teasing me.

Scrutiny, you mean like in: Adam felt himself blushing under the woman’s scrutiny? :wink:

2 Likes

Scrutiny as in “big brother Fiverr is watching you” more closely than ‘normal’ and the slightest and most marginal infraction could spell ‘the end’.

1 Like