In this topic we joke about buyers and sellers

psykkopatte

Hi,

everyone who has worked or bought in fiverr, knows that we might meet different types of buyers/sellers.
In this topic, we will name buyers/sellers categories with funny names and descriptions from our fiverr experiences.

I’m gonna start:

??? ??????: probably the most known buyer, the rusher is looking for fast and quick services, he often starts sentences without saying the words “hello, thank you…” and expose his projects instantly based on “you have to do this, this and this !” you need a lot of cold blood and solid nerves…

??? ???????? ??????: one of the most scarying buyer for sellers, everyone has ever dealed with him, always looking for perfection and satisfied only once he will get what he paid for, the revision master will always use revisions to add extra work and change terms and structure of basical agreements about his project, but you, you offered unlimited revisions, he will follow you forever…

??? ????? ????? ???: mostly rich persons hanging on fiverr and ready to show they have a big wallet, the suggar daddy tip will always start a conversation by “if I am satisfied of your work I will give you a tip, but if i’m not, then no tip”, knowing that the reward might be huge, as a seller, you will always try to do the best you can do, or maybe get even more stress and pressure, you don’t know…

??? ????? ??????? ????? ???????: you know what I mean, you also went in buyer request list in pressing F5 every minutes to look for work.
The BR moral breaker often create delusional requests starting by “I want a pro work, if you’re not a pro DON’T WASTE my time, DM me only if you pro”, of course, the unsurprising thing is the budget they put on their project 5€/10€ for a pro work, you look for work, so even if it’s hard, you click and work with him anyway…

??? ???????? ????: a very rare specimen in fiverr, the lollipop lady is ALWAYS satisfied with the work you provide.
Whatever you do and whatever you provide, the lollipop lady is always kind and respectful, brave heart and full of good attentions, she often contacts you with sentences like “Hello dear how are you!” “Thanks you so much, I love your work !”, you would like all your buyers to be the lollipop lady, but you realise that we are not living in a world full of candies and rainbows…

??? ????????: blue pill or red pill, once the morpheus has ordered your gig, it is too late already, similar to the sugar daddy tip, the morpheus will take your moral in hostage by saying that he will give a positive or negative review about the work you will provide. You have no choice, whatever you think and whatever you say, he is always right…

??? ???????: devious, deceitful and expert in drop shipping, the scammer always has been a part of business world, he will do everything to be contacted out of here in sending you weird website in private messages, but you are not stupid and know to deal with internet dangers so you won’t click on a link starting by: www.scamdropshipingexpert.com

??? ??????: how much time did you cancel an order because buyer took the wrong gig ?
The newbie, new to fiverr mostly, will often order the wrong gig, definitly here to take your statistics down, you will have to handle him because he has probably no idea why he contacted you even.
But you are a good person so you will cancel the order and explain what he did wrong…

??? ????: is one of the easiest person to work with (or not), the nerd knows your job, he is an expert and knows exactly what he is looking for.
No mistakes allowed, he has given an instruction list full of details and is very accurate with the expected result, now you have no excuse to get a bad review and complain in fiverr forum…

??? ????: will always talk to you like “yo man” “bro” “dude”, “wassup man”, often a good guy, he is often looking for video editing or graphism with tags and colors, his hobbies are mostly skateboarding, tags, rap.
He is cool, you like him, he likes you, so you like to work with him.

And you ? =>

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Parrot: The forum user who keeps repeating stupid advice such as “stay online 24/7”, “stay active in the forum”, “ask for reviews”, and “share your gig on social media”.

The Anti-Googler: Creates a thread with a question that could easily be answered by using a search engine. Gets aggressive when this is pointed out to him.

The Tresure Hunter: Comes to Fiverr in search of treasure with a map given to him by a Fiverr guru. Still needs a bit of guidance, so comes to the forum with less than 1 minute read time to ask: “how can me get sell?”

The Copy-Paster: Copies forum posts made by other members to post them again later (often in the very same thread) to appear more knowledgeable.

The Parrot: The forum user who keeps repeating stupid advice such as “stay online 24/7”, “stay active in the forum”, “ask for reviews”, and “share your gig on social media”.

The Anti-Googler: Creates a thread with a question that could easily be answered by using a search engine. Gets aggressive when this is pointed out to him.

The Tresure Hunter: Comes to Fiverr in search of treasure with a map given to him by a Fiverr guru. Still needs a bit of guidance, so comes to the forum with less than 1 minute read time to ask: “how can me get sell?”

The Copy-Paster: Copies forum posts made by other members to post them again later (often in the very same thread) to appear more knowledgeable.

Love this one, so true :rofl:

The Ignorer: the user who always asks questions in the Forum that have already been answered multiple times before

The Freebie: the user who begs you to do more and more and more work for free after the original order is completed

I got the freebie only once, and when we were done I blocked him, lol.

The cheap demander: A buyer who demands “top quality work” but always asks for the “lowest price” possible. The words "lowest price " is often replaced by “best price.” In many cases they try to lure you in by saying “I’ll give you a lot of future orders.”

The Guilt Tripper: Tries to get a gig done at a cheap price by telling you a sob story about a sick family member or some charity work for sick children. While parts of their stories MAY be true, they don’t realize that asking for a cheap price while rubbing/parading the sob stories into seller’s faces are not well accepted.

Playing Dumb: A sneaky buyer who PRETENDS they didn’t read the description and tries to squeeze in extra work at the cheapest price. Once you kindly tell them they need to pay more, they either go OMG I’m sorry!! or simply snap back at you saying that you’re charging too much.

The cheap demander: A buyer who demands “top quality work” but always asks for the “lowest price” possible. The words "lowest price " is often replaced by “best price.” In many cases they try to lure you in by saying “I’ll give you a lot of future orders.”

The Guilt Tripper: Tries to get a gig done at a cheap price by telling you a sob story about a sick family member or some charity work for sick children. While parts of their stories MAY be true, they don’t realize that asking for a cheap price while rubbing/parading the sob stories into seller’s faces are not well accepted.

Playing Dumb: A sneaky buyer who PRETENDS they didn’t read the description and tries to squeeze in extra work at the cheapest price. Once you kindly tell them they need to pay more, they either go OMG I’m sorry!! or simply snap back at you saying that you’re charging too much.

I loved the guilt tripper, I never met this yet :rofl:

The first one is similar to the buyer request moral breaker, there are often buyers like this :rofl:

The undecided: A buyer who wants something, but don’t really know what. You’ll spend more time trying to figure out what he wants than actually working on his order. The undecided impulsively contacted you and now hope that your mindreading abilities will figure out what he wants. He will often answer the seller’s question by: “I don’t know”, “I didn’t think about it” or “what would you do?”. When ask to describe what he wants he’ll often use words like “vibrant” “Eye catching” and “original”

Edit: Due to recent events I really needed to add this one.

The Mad Hatter: This Buyer often target artists. He will contact them with request that make absolutely no sens at first glance. He will request things like : I want a moon with elves as teeth bleeding out the city of Minas Tirith. Those request may scare sellers away as they may think this is a joke or a trap. But don’t be fooled, his request is legit and makes sens to him, he is just very chaotic at explaining it.

The undecided: A buyer who wants something, but don’t really know what. You’ll spend more time trying to figure out what he wants than actually working on his order. The undecided impulsively contacted you and now hope that your mindreading abilities will figure out what he wants. He will often answer the seller’s question by: “I don’t know”, “I didn’t think about it” or “what would you do?”. When ask to describe what he wants he’ll often use words like “vibrant” “Eye catching” and “original”

Edit: Due to recent events I really needed to add this one.

The Mad Hatter: This Buyer often target artists. He will contact them with request that make absolutely no sens at first glance. He will request things like : I want a moon with elves as teeth bleeding out the city of Minas Tirith. Those request may scare sellers away as they may think this is a joke or a trap. But don’t be fooled, his request is legit and makes sens to him, he is just very chaotic at explaining it.

I was thinking about adding him in my list but buyers I got weren’t as lost as him.

The Undeliverables

They request revisions even just to ask a question, accepting delivery is not a choice that will ever be taken without a fight! Accepting delivery is avoided like the plague and a battle between redelivering the order and requesting revisions can go on for an eternity. The fight between the countdown and the choice is left to the “The Undeliverables” :rofl:

The Undeliverables

They request revisions even just to ask a question, accepting delivery is not a choice that will ever be taken without a fight! Accepting delivery is avoided like the plague and a battle between redelivering the order and requesting revisions can go on for an eternity. The fight between the countdown and the choice is left to the “The Undeliverables” :rofl:

The NSFWs

Often found lurking in the jungle that is the Buyers’ Request section, these buyers will make anyone blush with their requests! Often harmless, they are more likely to accept offers (or find) female sellers.
Have the potential to evolve into CREEPS.

CREEPS

When NSFW FIENDS’ requests go unheard for too long, they might evolve into CREEPS. These buyers were hunt down unsuspecting (mostly female) sellers and often order services they are not likely to provide. Unlike NSFWs, CREEPS might pose danger to the seller population and should be handled with care.

(not as funny as I thought they’d be but… still realistic(?)

The NSFWs

Often found lurking in the jungle that is the Buyers’ Request section, these buyers will make anyone blush with their requests! Often harmless, they are more likely to accept offers (or find) female sellers.

CREEPS

When NSFW FIENDS’ requests go unheard for too long, they might evolve into CREEPS. These buyers were hunt down unsuspecting (mostly female) sellers and often order services they are not likely to provide. Unlike NSFWs, CREEPS might pose danger to the seller population and should be handled with care.

It might concern only female sellers, I never found nsfw requests in the jungle.

The NSFWs

CREEPS

Oh the Creeps, I haven’t encountered one here yet, but they are very common outside Fiverr. Last week, a NSFW contacted me on facebook for a job, and it quickly evolved into his final form: The, oh so terrifying, Stalker Creep. The only effective creep repellant is the block button.

It might concern only female sellers, I never found nsfw requests in the jungle.

Sometimes I wish I could wash my eyes with bleach - but the jungle has none of that! I think they pop up from time to time, many of them aren’t too bad but I’ve seen / been messaged by a lot who were… on the creep side (I’m not going to provide screenshots here but trust me they exist!)

Oh the Creeps, I haven’t encountered one here yet, but they are very common outside Fiverr. Last week, a NSFW contacted me on facebook for a job, and it quickly evolved into his final form: The, oh so terrifying, Stalker Creep. The only effective creep repellant is the block button.

Oh no, the Stalker Creep! I met a few of them here - the block button is really the only way to repel them!

The Bowlers. These are actually freelancers who are always ready to bid and picking the jobs. After getting the jobs they think what to do now? 😅. Then they start to google and after a time they find a solution and completes the job.

The Bowler. These are actually freelancers who are always ready to bid and picking the jobs. After getting the jobs he thinks what to do now. Then he starts google and after a time he finds solution and completes the job.

By the way I’m also a bowler 😅 :rofl:

Archived