Inappropriate content?

tapeface

Hey there! I am relatively new to Fiverr.com, and had a question…

I offer a gig where I can promote a logo or short message in front of a green screen. I have a buyer that wants me to promote a website…however, the website hosts adult content. Would it be against any Fiverr regulations to promote a website of this sort using a Fiverr gig? Thanks for your time!

The problem I am having is that…

I want to represent only appropriate websites in my gig…however my customer wants to promote a website that is for adults only.

How do I prevent getting negative feedback when my customer insists on using that website?

just a little tough to make the right move :o and I dont want to make anyone angry!

@tapeface - I think your situation is unique and if you write a polite letter to customer service, they will advise you about what to do. Don’t get too discouraged. I think the “job” of doing gigs on Fiverr means we have to deal with a few tough deals here and there.

On the matter of liability for copyright infringement, at some point I think we’ll see what some do come to an end because of it. However also I wonder about honest “parody” work. Like if Saturday Night Live were to parody sesame street or like many of the things they do, I don’t think they need permission.

Idk. I’m not a lawyer, but some things might cross the line. In any case, I’d be curious to know. I just saw the dog birthday video with the human hands and that had a beatles song in it. I know it wasn’t the original sound recording, but I just don’t know about the law in every regard and how it applies to such usage.

I once literally programmed and composed the james bond theme on my drum machine. To what extent can I use that sound recording even though I didn’t write the original piece?

I agree with both of you. Copyright is a very tough thing to delineate in many cases. I think that most companies will simply put a stop to it to prevent getting a letter from a lawyer, but since Fiverr is outside the US that gives them a little more freedom. Some companies like Youtube took a while but they eventually cracked down on their site. Then again, they are in Norther California so they have to crack down to stave off the lawyers. I don’t think there is a more litigious state than California.

@madmoo - Interesting way of looking at a few things. I imagine a private video for private use is ok to give to that person, but if you’re making it here and getting paid, it may cross the proverbial legal line.

@beatcraigslist - in fact I had thought of YouTube also. They kinda got pressured to police the illegal use of content, but look how they got to ride that illegal wave and become YouTube. Essentially I always kinda felt bewildered as YouTube was allowed to build itself without the tether of licensing woes and yet a regular person can in contrast be thrown to legal dogs and chewed apart.

I have a somewhat liberal view of intellectual property rights. Philosophically I don’t think that putting people in prison for sharing mp3s makes any sense at all unless you’re a prison industry or a weapons industry that loves boosting their bottom line. Oops…I digressed a little. 😉

Archived