Including other sellers fees to your order

I often make use of other Fiverr Sellers services to compliment my service. When I do this, I build the sellers fee into my fee that I quote the buyer. For instance, I write a song and I hire a singer for $100 to sing the song. The problem is I then pay the Fiverr commission on that $100. So my only option is to add $20 to cover the commission, but this add’s a lot to the buyers fee.
Personally I think it would be a good additional to be able to allocate a portion of the total fee to further service purchases. This amount could be set by the seller when setting up an order and could be held separately by Fiverr so that it may only be used for Fiverr purchases and not drawn. This amount will also not be subject to the Fiverr commission. This way, we keep costs down for our buyers and prevent Fiverr essentially getting payed commission twice for the same service.

I hope I have explained this correctly. I would be keen to hear some thoughts on this.

Good luck getting them to do that.

If your buyer orders your services, then buys the singer, it’s the same total amount of money the end buyer pays. They aren’t saving anything on the total either way.

If you pay the singer $100 Fiverr gets their twenty. If your buyer hires the singer for $100, then they still pay the $100. If you need to pay the singer $120 to get the one you want, then the end buyer would end up paying the same…

I suspect the cost to Fiverr to allow all the divisions isn’t worth the programming effort. They are better off investing in more ways to attract buyers and quality sellers.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that. They would have transactions at different price commissions, greatly increasing the complexity of accounting for all the splits.

I understand where you’re coming from but I don’t see what’s in it for Fiverr or the buyer.

Say for example that the buyer doesn’t like the song/singing. At the moment they can come to you and you have to sort it out with the other seller. In your scenario they might have to go directly to the singer themselves. It would be like apple telling me I needed to talk to the chip manufacturer directly about a problem with my macbook. I’d get passed from pillar to post, everyone claiming it wasn’t their problem. Then there’s the matter of what happens if a buyer wants a partial refund, or wants to use their own song seller that you suddenly have to work with even if you think they’re not as good as the one you usually work with.

Too many problems I can see.

As I suspected, I don’t think I explained myself correctly. There is not scenario where the buyer would have to contact the singer directly nor where I would pay the singer $120.
Let me put it this way: the buyer requires a song with vocals. My cost to compose is $100 (I expect $80 after commission) and the singers cost to sing is $100 (Also expects $80 after commission)
Scenario 1:
Buyer places $200 order with me. ($160 after commission of $40)
I place $100 order with singer. ($80 after commission of $20)
Outcome: Buyer pays $200 - Fiverr gets $60 - Singer gets $80 - I get $60.
Pros: Buyer costs kept down.
Cons: I only get $60.

Scenario 2:
Buyer places $220 order with me ($176 after commission of $44)
Outcome: Buyer pays $220 - Fiverr gets $64 - Singer gets $80 - I get $76
Pros: none really.
Cons: Buyer has to pay $20 extra. I still dont get the $80 I should be getting.

Scenario 3:
Buyer places $100 order with me and $100 order with singer.
In this scenario everyone pays and gets payed what they should, but often times the buyers are inexperienced and would prefer me to handle the ordering and more importantly the production/brief of the singer. I also need to receive the files from the singer to mix the song. It is also inconvenient for the buyer to have to place 2 orders and keep track of them both.

My proposed solution:
Buyer places $200 order with me.
I allocate $100 of the order to a “Service Purchases” facility and place an order for $100 with singer.
Fiverr only takes commission off of the $100 not in the the Service Purchases facility and the $100 on the order placed by me for singer.
The Further Purchases fee cannot be withdrawn, it can only be used to purchase services on Fiverr.
Outcome: Buyer pays $200 - Fiverr gets $40 - I get $80 - Singer gets $80
Pros: Everyone pays and gets payed what they should. Cost kep down for buyer. Convenient for buyer as he/she only places one order. I am able to handle singers order and brief/produce them directly.

I understand what you’re saying, but here’s an entirely different solution. Have you ever considered further marking up the seller’s services? After all, you’re taking the time to add vocals to your work. I think you should charge at least $150, to account for the cost of the service, Fiverr’s costs, as well as a little extra for you.

For example, a clothing store isn’t going to buy jeans from the manufacturer for $5 and sell them for $5. They’ll buy jeans for $5 and sell them for $50.
Just a thought 🙂

Yes, that is what I tried to illustrate in Scenario 2. But as you can see, even buy adding 10% to the cost, I still get less than what I should and the buyer pays more. The costs here are purely for example purposes, but what I’d like to see is an option where unnecessary costs are negated and everyone gets what they should. Basically without Fiverr getting commission twice on the singers order.

As I suspected, I don’t think I explained myself correctly. There is not scenario where the buyer would have to contact the singer directly nor where I would pay the singer $120.

Let me put it this way: the buyer requires a song with vocals. My cost to compose is $100 (I expect $80 after commission) and the singers cost to sing is $100 (Also expects $80 after commission)

Scenario 1:

Buyer places $200 order with me. ($160 after commission of $40)

Outcome: Buyer pays $200 - Fiverr gets $60 - Singer gets $80 - I get $60.

Pros: Buyer costs kept down.

Cons: I only get $60.

Scenario 2:

Buyer places $220 order with me ($176 after commission of $44)

Outcome: Buyer pays $220 - Fiverr gets $64 - Singer gets $80 - I get $76

Pros: none really.

Cons: Buyer has to pay $20 extra. I still dont get the $80 I should be getting.

Scenario 3:

Buyer places $100 order with me and $100 order with singer.

In this scenario everyone pays and gets payed what they should, but often times the buyers are inexperienced and would prefer me to handle the ordering and more importantly the production/brief of the singer. I also need to receive the files from the singer to mix the song. It is also inconvenient for the buyer to have to place 2 orders and keep track of them both.

My proposed solution:

Buyer places $200 order with me.

I allocate $100 of the order to a “Service Purchases” facility and place an order for $100 with singer.

Fiverr only takes commission off of the $100 not in the the Service Purchases facility and the $100 on the order placed by me for singer.

The Further Purchases fee cannot be withdrawn, it can only be used to purchase services on Fiverr.

Outcome: Buyer pays $200 - Fiverr gets $40 - I get $80 - Singer gets $80

Pros: Everyone pays and gets payed what they should. Cost kep down for buyer. Convenient for buyer as he/she only places one order. I am able to handle singers order and brief/produce them directly.

Would it be known to the buyer whom you hire as the singer, or would it be unknown to him?

Archived