Fiverr Community Forum

Incomplete Order. What to do?

Someone bought a basic gig from my profile and never gave the requirements so it is an incomplete order (the timer never started)
Then she bought the same gig but adding some extras.
Now I can see her two orders in my “Active Orders”, one in progress and one incomplete.

So, should I leave that incomplete order like that? It closes itselfs? Should I contact support?

Thanks.

2 Likes

I have the same question.

1 Like

ORDER STATUS

Incomplete

When an order is marked as Incomplete, the buyer is still required to submit the requested information for the seller to complete the order. The order status can not be adjusted until the buyer replies to the seller’s instructions.

Note: As sellers, you can leave this section blank if you do not require any further information.

A buyer will see a large orange ribbon indicating a reply to the instructions is required to start the order.

A seller will see an option to “Nudge” your buyer to notify them to reply to the instructions. After a week has passed from the original order creation, a seller can cancel the order without any harm to their cancellation ratio or ratings.

7 Likes

Thanks manto2112 for necessary information. :heart: :heart: :heart:

That was the case before, now it’s not like that anymore.

Unfortunately Fiverr Support would not help you.

Fiverr Support CAN remove this orders, but it will affect on your rating.

I’ve also done that maybe an year ago and they’ve removed one of the incompleted orders… and yes it affected on the rating.

After that I’ve asked for couple more and the answer was, it will affect on the rating and they CAN’T do anything about that, because that’s how the system works. And if you look at it like that… it’s not our fault at all, but yet, it will affect on our rating. Why? For what? That’s really unfair…

Right now I have 6 INCOMPLETE orders for $165… and some of them are even older than one year. It’s really weird… it seems that we have to have this orders, like… forever.

I think Fiverr should come with some kind of rule for that… for example, if INCOMPLETE order is idle for more than one month, two or three months, after that automatically to be removed without affecting it on the rating.

Because it’s obvious that if one INCOMPLETE GIG is not completed in time period of three months… it would NEVER be completed.

I really think FIverr should consider this kind of option. It would be really easier for sellers.

Many new buyers who are not yet familiar with Fiverr’s rules, so they’re just placing orders without knowing that those orders will stay INCOMPLETE forever. And sometimes they’ve actually duplicates the orders. They’ll place one order and right after that they’ll place identically the same order, submitting needed requirements and the previous one will stay…

If you have an Incomplete Order, then you can use Resolution Center to Cancel the order. I think it will not effect the ratings. Thanks!
Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

All done. Hope this will help. Thanks!

Thanks… but yet… IT WILL affect on the rating.

I’ve asked the support, they’ve said, unfortunately there’s NO way, bu cancelling incomplete order not to affect on your rating.