We’ve seen that sellers who promote their Gigs on social networks and Q&A sites are bringing traffic directly to their Gigs.
By posting and participating in discussions and answering questions related to the services you offer, you can direct relevant traffic from these popular search sites to your Gigs.
Some of the sites we see bringing in the most traffic are:
- Yahoo answers
So what are the main benefits of those links?
- Almost immediately they will be indexed by search engines. This means that they'll appear in search so it's especially useful for when you add a new Gig and want to give it some search "juice".
- It will give your existing Gig pages a boost.
- Gig Pages of low competition niches can be scaled easily.
- They are a cheap and easy SEO effort to implement.
- There are lots of tools that can automate social bookmarking.
- There are a lot of bookmarking sites (see below), which provide you with a range of domains that link back to your pages.
Actually…there are too many to count…but it is important to know the big ones:
Reddit (Alexa: 137 PageRank: 8)
Digg (Alexa: 263 Page Rank: 8)
Delicious (Alexa: 512 Page Rank:8)
Technorati (Alexa: 1,555 Page Rank:8)
Slashdot (Alexa: 1,996 Page Rank: 8)
Newsvine (Alexa: 3,372 Page Rank: 7)
Dzone (Alexa: 3,551 Page Rank: 6)
It’s best to start by submitting your Gig pages manually, and as you learn what works for your field, ease your way into the right strategy for your Gigs.
Keep in mind:
Social Bookmarking alone, will not get you ranked for top competitive keywords and should not be the only linking strategy you use. But it’s a great and easy way to start increasing traffic to your gig pages.