Fiverr Community Forum

Increases spam on Fiverr driving me nuts!

:grin: forgive me, it’s really a comedy. But consider that their cheap translations will never compete with a real translator. So professional translators can relax. It’s just a comedy all the situation, that’s all :blush:

3 Likes

Well, spamming ruined my response rate, so if anybody wants to send me spam so I can answer to it really fast (why not fix my response time while we’re at it) before I report them that’d be appreciated.
(This is obviously a joke, but I don’t know why, I felt like I needed to make that precision.)

4 Likes

Sorry, but it’s no comedy. It’s a complete tragedy!

In all aspect and sense, they’re harmful to everyone, including Fiverr!

5 Likes

eh… you are right. what can be done for this?

2 Likes

@smashradio thanks dear for sharing your spam’s subject.

1 Like

Thank u kindly! :100:

1 Like

You’re clearly one of life’s good people, and wanting to help! On the other hand, I’m a cynic! lol

In my opinion the people who are prepared to spam in this way are also exactly the same people who will ignore such helpful advice.

The best thing we can do is report such messages as spam.

4 Likes

I sometimes receive direct messages asking me for work whenever I talk on the forum about my experiences as a proofreader. It is also the ‘Dear Sir. My English good. You have job for me?’ style of approach.

I’m too old and grumpy to entertain their messages, and so I simply report them as spam. While I do have a heart and understand that some people are desperate, I also never lose sight of the fact that this is meant to be a professional platform.

The very definition of spam is an ‘unsolicited / unwanted approach’. These people are a pain.

4 Likes

While I understand your point, I can’t fully agree.

Yes, these spammers are of course no competition for the professionals, and their approaches are often laughably bad. But they do have a real world impact.

A couple of years back I dropped down to level 1 temporarily because my response rate fell below 90%. It took me a while to work out why. Eventually I figured it’s because I didn’t respond to spammers before marking their message as spam. Ever since I have written ‘No’ before hitting the spam button.

Also, looking at the bigger picture, it is these idiot spammers who devalue the Fiverr platform for the rest of us serious sellers. There are certain niches such as logo design and proofreading (which I offer) where sellers can fake it to a certain extent. But unfortunately the bad sellers just devalue the whole sector and give Fiverr a bad name. In Britain we have a saying - “we are all tarred with the same brush”. Meaning it is difficult for buyers to easily differentiate between the skilled and non-skilled sellers.

5 Likes

How frustrating for you. Ugh it’s sad how many sellers have such entitlement and poor judgment.

On the plus side maybe this will help remove some of the many incompetent sellers here if they get banned for spamming.

I’m glad you report them!

4 Likes

Whenever I see “dear” or “sir” and it’s not from a potential paying client, I’ll consider it to be spam. :rofl:

3 Likes

The best way to deal with this issue is to simply block them. I’ve had someone who was trying to get me to do work for him and then keep requesting revisions until I had to cancel the order but he still got the video file. When I saw that he was a seller himself and was trying but unfortunately for him didn’t work. He thought that I was a new seller with 2 reviews and could spam me and try to do this.

I immediately saw his intention and simply didn’t respond back to him, and never gave him a file. Simple as that.

1 Like

It’s kind of annoying how some buyers simply don’t understand that they are wasting a sellers time and keep trying to spam them.

2 Likes

Hi there,
Overall it seems perfectly fine to me, if I was going to be picky I’d change it a bit here and there, but I don’t see any problems with the description. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree. The description seems to be fine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool, you can read/understand Japanese too? :fountain_pen:

1 Like

thank you :heart_eyes:

1 Like

hi i am new fiver and think you

1 Like

It’s not a comedy that these fraudsters are deceiving buyers and getting their money to commit fraud. How is that funny?

4 Likes

well, because they can’t compete. it’s clear they use cheap translators and not their brain. It’s difficult they can deceive when their greetings are even worst than their translations.

1 Like