Infusing Social into the DNA of your Business

kevinwil

This week, Fiverr Cofounder and CEO, Micha Kaufman talks about how to drive sales and unify our community using social tools.

"To become an empowered social business is to inject the advantages of social media directly into the heart of your corporate DNA. That means recognizing it’s not only about having a fantastic Facebook page or a high profile Twitter account (though that might be part of the plan!)."

Click here to learn more tips on infusing social into your online business:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michakaufman/2013/04/02/demolishing-the-social-hype/

Well I can see the merit behind promoting business via social media (& I don’t think this is anything like a new concept by any means) but why would a good writer in Fiverr for example; need to promote their gig/s through any social media platform/medium when they are always inundated with too much work to be getting on with anyway? If you only have one pair of hands for doing a writing gig you wouldn’t want people piling in with the orders. That could drown you in too much work overload that couldn’t possibly be delivered with quality or on time. Injecting DNA into a business sounds very much like a another fantasy Island concept to me. It reminds me of those adverts for a non-electric toothbrush or shaver - TURBO charged POWER injection fussion you can rely on… & so on… lol

Well I can see the merit behind promoting business via social media (& I don’t think this is anything like a new concept by any means) but why would a good writer in Fiverr for example; need to promote their gig/s through any social media platform/medium when they are always inundated with too much work to be getting on with anyway? If you only have one pair of hands for doing a writing gig you wouldn’t want people piling in with the orders. That could drown you in too much work overload that couldn’t possibly be delivered with quality or on time. Injecting DNA into a business sounds very much like a another fantasy Island concept to me. It reminds me of those adverts for a non-electric toothbrush or shaver - TURBO charged POWER injection fussion you can rely on… & so on… lol

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @vedmak: I do tweak delivery times if/when I get swamped. People want value these days so when you have a site like Fiverr saturated with those that offer writing jobs for 400+ words you cannot expect buyers to come flocking to you if you are offering 300 worded gigs, it simply doesn’t work that way.

Yes maybe if people could afford to spend dollars just to test the water, they may find your gig but equally they may never come up against yours at all but find that other needle in the haystack that delivers just as good as you & a better word count deal.

Bottom line is buyers are obsessed with making cutbacks or they just wouldn’t come to places like Fiverr full stop. That is the market here, careful spenders who just want to cut down on their expenses. A lot of the time buyers will get the gig delivered but not mind having to tweak that work a little themselves, rather than starting from scratch.

In that respect (being capable writers but too lay to write an article from scratch), they will opt for the cheapest gig with mediocre quality than taking a gig that would cost twice as much.

Reply to @vedmak: I do tweak delivery times if/when I get swamped. People want value these days so when you have a site like Fiverr saturated with those that offer writing jobs for 400+ words you cannot expect buyers to come flocking to you if you are offering 300 worded gigs, it simply doesn’t work that way.

Yes maybe if people could afford to spend dollars just to test the water, they may find your gig but equally they may never come up against yours at all but find that other needle in the haystack that delivers just as good as you & a better word count deal.

Bottom line is buyers are obsessed with making cutbacks or they just wouldn’t come to places like Fiverr full stop. That is the market here, careful spenders who just want to cut down on their expenses. A lot of the time buyers will get the gig delivered but not mind having to tweak that work a little themselves, rather than starting from scratch.

In that respect (being capable writers but too lay to write an article from scratch), they will opt for the cheapest gig with mediocre quality than taking a gig that would cost twice as much.

Reply to @vedmak: Similar to me, I left my writing gig suspended for so long I lost most of the collects & now I’ve got it open again (permanently) Fiverr have landing it about 4 pages down the list but I have been getting orders in perfect timings… Just as I finish one someone else comes along… Plus most of my orders I actually do through the messaging section. I deliver them (the gig/s first) without going through the payment system until it’s done. I trust them of course because they are returning customers of old.

Nice & steady… & I hope it stays that way.

Do you do eBook eCovers by any chance?

Reply to @vedmak: Similar to me, I left my writing gig suspended for so long I lost most of the collects & now I’ve got it open again (permanently) Fiverr have landing it about 4 pages down the list but I have been getting orders in perfect timings… Just as I finish one someone else comes along… Plus most of my orders I actually do through the messaging section. I deliver them (the gig/s first) without going through the payment system until it’s done. I trust them of course because they are returning customers of old.

Nice & steady… & I hope it stays that way.

Do you do eBook eCovers by any chance?

• 11 months later...

Archived