Inside Fiverr search! Interesting & Shocking

bigvee

Today I discovered what’s actually happening with Fiverr’s GIG search. It’s really shocking.
I searched for “banner” and see what I get on the very first result.

A GIG that has no relation with the term “banner”

Title of the gig I found TOP of the search list is “I Will Do Professional Instagram Marketing USA Followers” – isn’t shocking?

fiverr_search.thumb.jpg.f3301bfcddf465b98b653f923f8cf733.jpg

Later when I open that gig and see the URL, it’s “do-professional-banner-for-you

So friends now you can easily understand the fact. Seller just changed the GIG title.

Another shocking fact when I check the tags of this GIG, tags used are “instagram” “seo marketing” “followers” “usa” “permanent”

Now you can judge what’s inside Fiverr’s search engine :rofl:. Tags are just nothing.

Guest phantompower

Have you ever read the fiverr terms?? All of this is covered. If you create a gig for the first time, a unique url is created, the url doesn’t change even if you edit the title later on. The tags are also used because if you search for “Instagram” the same gig will show up somewhere in the search results. Don’t take my word for it, if you believe tags are nothing go ahead and change them to something that has nothing to do with your gig then wait for the outcome.

Have you ever read the fiverr terms?? All of this is covered. If you create a gig for the first time, a unique url is created, the url doesn’t change even if you edit the title later on. The tags are also used because if you search for “Instagram” the same gig will show up somewhere in the search results. Don’t take my word for it, if you believe tags are nothing go ahead and change them to something that has nothing to do with your gig then wait for the outcome.

If so, why this gig came first on search when in banner while there is no “banner” used in tags?

Guest phantompower

If so, why this gig came first on search when in banner while there is no “banner” used in tags?

the word banner was used in the original gig, which was “do-professional-banner-for-you”

This sounds like very bad design to me. The gig urls should be dynamic, not static. It makes no sense to keep the url if the gig can change completely.

you cannot make the gig urls dynamic. that is going to cause big problems with SEO. they have to be static

Guest yourcgbuddy

Then you shouldn’t be able to change a gig, you would have to create a new one from scratch.

You can’t change a gig to totally different one.

For example, if you have logo design gig you can’t change it totally to content writing since both are under a different category. It is against Fiverr TOS.

PS: I read this somewhere here in the forum.

Fiverr again screwed the search algorithm.

no matter your performance, just a bunch of random gigs will be the top of the search.

This way fiverr will never encourage sellers to do a good work, because no matter your performance, you may be in the top of searches tomorrow, just because!

I hope they fix this soon, or the overall quality of the services delivers will drop again

😮 I didn’t know this! Good to know!

no matter your performance, just a bunch of random gigs will be the top of the search.

This way fiverr will never encourage sellers to do a good work, because no matter your performance, you may be in the top of searches tomorrow, just because!

I hope they fix this soon, or the overall quality of the services delivers will drop again

I Actually like this algorithm. It gives new fiverrs also a chance to get customers. If new fiverrs never got a chance then in a while they won’t come anymore. The new fiverr’s keep the ‘old ones’ on their toes and they are pushing the envelope.

I Actually like this algorithm. It gives new fiverrs also a chance to get customers. If new fiverrs never got a chance then in a while they won’t come anymore. The new fiverr’s keep the ‘old ones’ on their toes and they are pushing the envelope.

The new fiverr’s keep the ‘old ones’ on their toes and they are pushing the envelope.

Can you please explain what you meant by that? I’m having a hard time understanding it :thinking:

The new fiverr’s keep the ‘old ones’ on their toes and they are pushing the envelope.

Can you please explain what you meant by that? I’m having a hard time understanding it :thinking:

I mean nothing bad with it, and I don’t want to offend anyone!

I mean that sometimes the newbies bring something new to table what would ensure the oldies to keep up to date. Also there is nothing wrong with a litlle competetion. It will only asure the best will rise (newbies or oldies) 😉

This way fiverr will never encourage sellers to do a good work

How about customer satisfaction? 😉

Speaking for myself only:

When I’m thrilled at the exceptional delivery, I write great review - high marks on private feedback - might even give gratuity and mostly, keep coming back for more.

Isn’t there a saying that says it’s easier & cheaper to keep a client than to look for one?

that’s why existe recommended/relevance option on searches, and also new buyers option too.

The only place where shows the best performance gig (avg customer reviews) is being used to give a chance too.

Fiverr is a working place, it’s not place to give chances, but to work. I reached a good place by working hard here, and I never had a chance. I got im gig in the top of the pages by working hard.

The ‘old ones’ are those who made fiverr what it is today.

It took me 3 years of great deliveries and reviews to get a good place at fiverr, and now it’s just thrown away to give chance to any seller, including bad sellers too.

that’s why existe recommended/relevance option on searches, and also new buyers option too.

The only place where shows the best performance gig (avg customer reviews) is being used to give a chance too.

Fiverr is a working place, it’s not place to give chances, but to work. I reached a good place by working hard here, and I never had a chance. I got im gig in the top of the pages by working hard.

The ‘old ones’ are those who made fiverr what it is today.

It took me 3 years of great deliveries and reviews to get a good place at fiverr, and now it’s just thrown away to give chance to any seller, including bad sellers too.

Nothing was “thrown away”. Fiverr is changing, as any good business does. You need to assess your services, and figure out how to change along with it. No one is entitled to anything, just because they’ve been selling on Fiverr for three years.

You said it yourself:

Fiverr is a working place, it’s not place to give chances, but to work.

So, keep working hard, and keep finding ways to keep up with the changes Fiverr makes. 😉

This way fiverr will never encourage sellers to do a good work

Speaking for myself only:

When I’m thrilled at the exceptional delivery, I write great review - high marks on private feedback - might even give gratuity and mostly, keep coming back for more.

Isn’t there a saying that says it’s easier & cheaper to keep a client than to look for one?

doing a good work will result in customer satisfaction 😉

I mean that this method fiver is using, wont encourage the competition, which dont encourage to deliver a good work. WHY? because delivering a good or a poor work it wont matter, “I can be on top no matter the service I deliver”.

Competition results in better customer satisfaction, because the seller will do their best to keep on top and get better reviews.

Archived