Instructions to Buyer box: What does yours say? Any tips?

thepromogirl

Hi Fiverr friends,

I was curious to learn what other instructions sellers provide to their buyers. I tried to search for this conversation in the forum, but haven’t found exactly what I’m looking for. If I’m missing it, my apologies, just link me to the relevant forum thread. A few questions I’d love for fellow Fiverr users to answer:

What does yours say? Is it short, long, overly descriptive for ease?

Do you have any tips for other sellers? Things you wish you learned in the beginning?

How have you improved your instructions in the past?

What instruction(s) that you’ve provided to your buyers that really eased a lot of the aggravation?

I’m just looking to hear from everyone regarding their successes in this “buyer box” and tips for the old and new would be great. I hope to keep the conversation going and share tips, and opinions with each other.

Thanks in advanced,

ThePromoGirl

I think this box is the most important to close a deal. Be as much specific as you can set the “boundaries” of what you’re offering for $5. Ask for all information you need to deliver your gig on time. And don’t forget to verify the information the buyer provide util you’re totally clear.

Personally I like to use "Extra fast buyers: Contact me before ordering the gig"

I hope it helps.

Greetings from Colombia.

Bernard.

I think this box is the most important to close a deal. Be as much specific as you can set the “boundaries” of what you’re offering for $5. Ask for all information you need to deliver your gig on time. And don’t forget to verify the information the buyer provide util you’re totally clear.

Personally I like to use "Extra fast buyers: Contact me before ordering the gig"

I hope it helps.

Greetings from Colombia.

Bernard.

Reply to @vedmak: Totally! I have a pretty thorough gig descriptions, but you have no idea how many people purchase a gig without providing absolutely zero information, or purchase a gig just to ask me a question. Sometimes I get the feeling people just don’t want to read, or they assume I can read their minds. Lol.

Reply to @vedmak: Totally! I have a pretty thorough gig descriptions, but you have no idea how many people purchase a gig without providing absolutely zero information, or purchase a gig just to ask me a question. Sometimes I get the feeling people just don’t want to read, or they assume I can read their minds. Lol.

Without the instructions box, we would know what to do! Our most popular gig is for our jingle service so we need to know a little about the company or service we’re writing for. We try to keep it short and to the point. We ask for a company name, website for reference and any slogans or keywords they would like integrated into the end product.

Hopefully, the buyer already has an idea of what information they would need to provide, but the instructions box gives us a chance to cover the bases to avoid having to wait for followup questions and answers.

We have had only one issue of a person buying a gig and not completing the instructions box. After two days of no information, we inboxed the buyer to remind them to complete the information and they responded saying they had some things come up that would not allow them to complete the gig. We cancelled the gig mutually and that was that.

I figure if you can keep the instructions box very short, even like a list of required information, then it should be easy to obtain everything you need to complete your gig!

jive-a-five

Without the instructions box, we would know what to do! Our most popular gig is for our jingle service so we need to know a little about the company or service we’re writing for. We try to keep it short and to the point. We ask for a company name, website for reference and any slogans or keywords they would like integrated into the end product.

Hopefully, the buyer already has an idea of what information they would need to provide, but the instructions box gives us a chance to cover the bases to avoid having to wait for followup questions and answers.

We have had only one issue of a person buying a gig and not completing the instructions box. After two days of no information, we inboxed the buyer to remind them to complete the information and they responded saying they had some things come up that would not allow them to complete the gig. We cancelled the gig mutually and that was that.

I figure if you can keep the instructions box very short, even like a list of required information, then it should be easy to obtain everything you need to complete your gig!

jive-a-five

I decided to take vedmak’s advice and erase the instructions for my most popular gig. I added the instructions to the end of my gig description instead. I’m sick of getting incomplete orders. I got like 9 or 10 of them. So we’ll see how this will work. People still won’t read like they should but at least I won’t have any money caught in a limbo.

I decided to take vedmak’s advice and erase the instructions for my most popular gig. I added the instructions to the end of my gig description instead. I’m sick of getting incomplete orders. I got like 9 or 10 of them. So we’ll see how this will work. People still won’t read like they should but at least I won’t have any money caught in a limbo.

Reply to @jive_a_five: Yes that’s what he’s doing. I can’t speak for vedmak, but when I do an empty delivery, its because the buyer didn’t provide me with the necessary information I need to complete their order. So to avoid being late, I just type a message in the delivery box.

This is what I send:

"To avoid being penalized for being late, I am marking this order as “delivered”. Don’t worry, as soon as you send me your information, I will create your _____. When you have everything ready, send me a regular message. Don’t leave your feedback until after I complete your work. Thank you. I will be waiting for you to send me your ____. :-)"

So far, it has worked out for me. If it auto completes after the 3 days, the buyer usually message me with the necessary info.

Reply to @jive_a_five: Yes that’s what he’s doing. I can’t speak for vedmak, but when I do an empty delivery, its because the buyer didn’t provide me with the necessary information I need to complete their order. So to avoid being late, I just type a message in the delivery box.

This is what I send:

"To avoid being penalized for being late, I am marking this order as “delivered”. Don’t worry, as soon as you send me your information, I will create your _____. When you have everything ready, send me a regular message. Don’t leave your feedback until after I complete your work. Thank you. I will be waiting for you to send me your ____. :-)"

So far, it has worked out for me. If it auto completes after the 3 days, the buyer usually message me with the necessary info.

Archived