Fiverr Forum

Intentional rating killers?

Hi!

Someone ordered a Gig from me, but then he said that this was unintentional, and that he just wanted to see a sample of my work (despite my video and work samples).

Anyway, I’ve provided him some samples, and he said that they are no good for his sophisticated taste. :slight_smile: I’ve offered a mutual cancellation, but now the guy is gone (he has a bad rating - 84% - and no Gigs on his profile), and I can’t do anything bout it.

Do you think it’s possible someone is paying him to go and ruin peoples reputation just to kill some competition?

Thanks for your answers.

Henrik

I also had a situation similar to yours. But REMEMBER…! If you got no wrong, just ask help from Customer Support. They will first say try to contact buyer. If all things not gonna work, they will help you.

I don’t think that your point is much considerable. Because he can promote his gigs from that money rather than cheating in the game. For me, I don’t do bad things for my competition, But I always aware about some of them to get some ideas, words to craft my gigs.

Don’t fear for your competition, Just beat them by doing better than them. Good people won’t get very bad returns every time.

So Good Luck!
Shyam - Lead Capture Page Designer
http://fiverr.com/scorpiondark

Hi!

Thank you very much for your answer, I appreciate it. I’ll just wait for another day then (maybe he shows up) and then I’ll contact the Customer Support.

Best regards,

Henrik

Hi again! :slight_smile:

The last case was, thankfully, resolved by the buyer itself. He cancelled the Gig in the last minute.

Now I’ve got a guy buying a Gig from me for promoting his app. I’ve made a nice review, the ads are running fine, and I’m bringing him visitors from my app.

The problem is, he ordered the Gig, send me only a short message (a link to his app) and now he doesn’t respond. The delivered Gig will expire in two hours. If he doesn’t close it in time, am I getting penalized, and my 100% rating will go down? If yes, can I ask the Customer Support to resolve this issue?

I wish there would be less people like this on Fiverr. :-/

Thanks!

Henrik

Reply to @insplisity: I would ask them if they can, good luck!

Agree, communication is the best approach. If you make the effort and try to work with your buyer, in the end, it shows you did all you can.

Thanks! I’ll see what I can do and I’ll let you know, just in case, if you ever run in to a buyer like mine.

Ask support to cancel the order. Yes , there are people that give negative feedbacks no matter what :slight_smile: They are called competitors and they should be banned

Reply to @rodesigners: Thanks for the tip. I’ve contacted them and I hope they will resolve this.

Wow, I’ve sent a message to Customer Support, and got a response in minutes! :slight_smile:

Well, I didn’t know that, but a Fiverr representative told me, that if the order is delivered on time, and the buyer doesn’t respond, the Gig is marked as completed automatically after 3 days.

Cool.

Thanks for your help!

Henrik

I don’t know what’s the deal with these extremely competitive “buyers” who leave negative ratings. They’re just wasting money since there are lots of decent sellers out here.

I have a buyer who I felt gave an unfair review. Before they booked the gig they tell me about their project but refused to disclose crucial parts until after I said it was okay to make the order. They were slow in producing information and very unclear. When it time to complete of course I was not done. They asked for an update and later cancelled with a bad rating before I had time to respond. Do I have a case?

Kim

Reply to @insplisity:

Yes,the order is going to be marked as completed…however the buyer can rate even after one year :slight_smile: So that sux big time

Reply to @kim_talented: I’m reading the forums and I see there are many such cases. :slight_smile: I guess we’ll just have to accept this, but if the Customer Support is willing to help us in bad situations, I guess it’s tolerable then.

Henrik

Reply to @rodesigners: I also didn’t know that. :slight_smile: I’m not worried about the orders where I can communicate with the buyer in a normal fashion - I’m just worried about those guys, who are hard to reach and need days to respond.

yes! this may be possible there are people who tries to spoil and I think if fiverr don’t take this seriously time is not far when fiverr also gets fully spammed by big spammers. second thing is that fiverr support hardly favor its sellers…

Hi again! :slight_smile:

The last case was, thankfully, resolved by the buyer itself. He cancelled the Gig in the last minute.

Now I’ve got a guy buying a Gig from me for promoting his app. I’ve made a nice review, the ads are running fine, and I’m bringing him visitors from my app.

The problem is, he ordered the Gig, send me only a short message (a link to his app) and now he doesn’t respond. The delivered Gig will expire in two hours. If he doesn’t close it in time, am I getting penalized, and my 100% rating will go down? If yes, can I ask the Customer Support to resolve this issue?

I wish there would be less people like this on Fiverr. :-/

Thanks!

Henrik

Reply to @insplisity: I would ask them if they can, good luck!

Agree, communication is the best approach. If you make the effort and try to work with your buyer, in the end, it shows you did all you can.

Thanks! I’ll see what I can do and I’ll let you know, just in case, if you ever run in to a buyer like mine.