This is a list of few things I discovered about this new forum.
Sure facts -
- The forum platform is Discourse.
- You can see the profile pictures of the topic participants in below/beside a thread. If it has more than the default set pictures then - the 1st one will be the OP’s, then random 3/the first 3 posters and at last the last poster’s.
- The default badges are still the same.(Just one extra badge added for the fiverr staffs).
- Forum editor supports both BB and HTML codes.
- If you click on the last post text present in the box below the OP, it will zap you to the last post.
- You can do anything while replying in the editor box, view a difft. topic, search etc but when you click reply, it will get posted in the correct place.
- You can keep the mouse away with this forum. (Heads up to the cool keyboard shortcuts.)
- This new forum has an anonymous posting mode, but it is currently disabled.
- It uses “Akismet” spam blocking. (Very nice choice!)
- The forum can track how many and which-which posts you read.
- If the OP of a topic is online, the profile picture of him/her in the box present below the topic name will have a blue border around it.
- Replacing “forum.fiverr.com/t/[post_title][post_ID]” to “forum.fiverr.com/raw/[post_ID]” represents with you a minimial layout of the forum.
- Want to shorten a topic URL? Simply convert the forum post URL from “http://forum.fiverr.com/t/[post_title]/[post_ID]” to “forum.fiverr.com/t/-/[post_ID]”.
Want an animated dropdown spoiler? Use this markdown code -
[details=CLICK HERE!]Thanks for clicking![/details]
- This new forum tracks user behaviour as well and can generate notices for staff/mods. Based on that, staff/mods can choose to disregard or observe certain activities, users, topics etc.
- Fiverr is not currently self-hosting this forum but instead paying Discourse for the hosting.
- This forum runs with PostgreSQL instead of with MySQL.
- This is Discourse 1.7.0 beta 10.
Discourse Meta forum has more extensive information about this new forum.
I will post much more things about the limits and settings of this new forum(as it is being said that it is currently in default) by setting up one installation in my local server if I see interest in this topic…
If you can add more interesting stuffs regarding this new forum, you are more than welcome!
Disclaimer - I don`t gurantee that these informations I gave above is 100% correct.