Internet in Vietnam

Lately I’m pondering about going to Ho Chi Minh City for a while. As I don’t want to stop working (2 or 3 hours a day) I would like to know if any of you guys know how the quality and availability of Internet connections is in Vietnam.

Mario,

I lived in Thailand for a while yonks ago and there was easy availability of high-speed Internet in urban areas. The main problems that I experienced stemmed from it being very difficult to be open an account in your own name and have your own service. A way around this is to use mobile dongles and the like, however these can be crippling expensive depending on how much data you use.

Also, I know that Thailand is very different to Vietnam and other South East Asia countries, however, I have spent a lot of time recently researching things associated with possible similar moves. That said, Ho Chi Minh does apparently have a booming digital nomad community. In this case, it might be worth looking around a few drop shipping and digital nomad forums for more precise info.

One thing I do know, is that most modern apartment buildings do provide wifi for residents and there is great public wifi in all main tourist and traveller destinations.

Thank you very much. I want to stay at a hotel and all I need it for is submitting some documents to my clients.
The rest of the time I want to do some sight seeing and hang out in bars the whole day.