Introducing our Newest Category: Animated GIFs

editorial_video

Hey! Yoav here, I manage the Video & Animation vertical and I’d like to share some news!

Today we launched an awesome new long awaited category, called Animated GIFs!

Animated GIFs are everywhere, we see them across social networks, messaging apps, the UI of products we use, and more. There are many websites and blogs for discovering and downloading great GIFs, but there are very few services for creating custom content.

We wanted to change that. So in order to gain a better understanding of what features businesses need, we’ve been researching how Animated GIFs are used, who is using them, and why.

Today, we’re excited to finally share it with you. Introducing, Animated GIFs, a category that offers a variety of animation styles, from a wide range of talent.

Fiverr Animated GIFs include:

• Social Media Posts and Ads
  • Stickers and Emojis
  • UI Animations
  • Greeting Cards & Invitations
  • GIFs for Emails & Newsletters

I hope you all enjoy it, feel free to share any thoughts and questions you might have.

Yoav

What about the gigs in that category where the only file format listed is “.mp4”? Why are they in the “GIF” category? Also shouldn’t the section listed as “file_format” be shown as something like “file format”?

On 5/23/2019 at 11:38 AM, uk1000 said:

What about the gigs in that category where the only file format listed is “.mp4”? Why are they in the “GIF” category? Also shouldn’t the section listed as “file_format” be shown as something like “file format”?

Thanks for the question. The reason is because Animated GIFs are already more than just being a format. When people talk about GIFs they already relate it to a type of animation rather than the format itself, which is why we added the file format metadata. Some people need an animated GIF for social, some for UI and some for personal usage. Most important thing is that when a buyer filters the format he needs, the Gigs shown will be the right ones.

Regarding the file_format - known issued which is being fixed.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, kha1ed said:

Sound cool. One question though, there are 344 gigs on that category but relatively low demand. Will having the new category drive more buyers to the current and upcoming gigs?

Thanks kha1ed, not sure why you think the demand is low, but we’re seeing great need for Animated GIFs which is why this category was launched. We believe that now, with a dedicated place for Animated GIFs, the opportunity for sellers creating GIFs, will grow.

Thanks kha1ed, not sure why you think the demand is low, but we’re seeing great need for Animated GIFs which is why this category was launched. We believe that now, with a dedicated place for Animated GIFs, the opportunity for sellers creating GIFs, will grow.

Cheers,

I said “low demand” based on the reviews shown when you search that category. Like there are many gigs without reviews, and the one with reviews has about 100 only.

Maybe its because these gigs were not categorized? Not sure

Finger crossed anyway 🙂

I think it’s going to lead to confusion among buyers/sellers and probably buyers asking sellers to deliver something their gig isn’t for (eg. buyer wants a gif (.gif), buyer buys a gig in that category, seller supplies a .mp4 since the section allows that format only).

I think the section should, as accurately as possible describe what the section is about. eg. in the Wikipedia article about gifs it only mentions gifs as those that are using the .gif file format (it doesn’t mention a .mp4 being a gif).

If the section is for including things other than .gif’s maybe those should be in the section title, eg. “Animated Gifs and PNGs”.

Awesome!

I had a gif gig up, one question though: Does this mean GIF files are now supported when I’d add examples to my gig? Or possibly have them in the live portfolio as well if allowed by the customer?

Thanks Lyn,

GIF files will soon be supported in the Gig creation flow. As for live portfolio, yes - it will be there soon.

Your Gig is looking great, I hope it will now do even better.

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

Archived