Invoicing feature and 20% fee

deesajn

Hello,

I have 2 questions:

1. Does anyone knows why Fiverr does not includes their 20% fee explicit in their order summary on an order page? There is 2 prices the client price and a my price BUT ON A SUMMARY where all the elements of the price are shown THERE IS NO 20% FEE INCLUDED like here, as you can see there is $250 in 3 places and only in one place my real earning $200 and NOWHERE -20% Fiverr fee (WHY)?

(for those who don’t understand why the 20% fee is important - when I need to hand over the papers to my revenue office they see thet I earn $250 and they want me to pay the tax from the $250 and wen I tell hem I earned $200 and they should charge me the tax from the $200 they say where is this Fiverr fee shown?)

586726251_Screenshot2020-08-29at10_20.06_censored.thumb.jpg.ad62fbaba2a81d59fe89d7e0915bfe5d.jpg
Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 10.20.06_censored1604×1234 91.6 KB
  1. OK, let’s say I cannot change it and FIVERR CANNOT SEE A PROBLEM HERE which is ridiculous but that’s OK I have seen many ridiculous things on Fiverr since 2005, is there an another simple way for invoicing other than https://www.and.co/pricing which is $18 per month? Preferable a free to 10 invoices per month maximum?

I’m not sure if the revenue officer would accept it, but how about attaching the ToS that shows that all orders will be deducted with 20% fees from Fiverr?

Though the exact wording is as such:

“Each Gig you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with a net revenue of 80% of the purchase amount.”

Are you sharing screenshots from your order pages to the IRS?

That seems like the wrong way to go about this.

You need to go to “earnings”, sort by “cleared” and then press the button that says: “export to CSV”.

You will receive a CSV file you can forward to your accountant. Just make sure you select the period (either month or the entire year).

That CSV file will contain all your earnings, sans the Fiverr fee, sorted by date and even showing which gig brought in what amount.

Yeah, I understand your pain.
I’t a bit tricky where I live too. Unfortunately our local officials might find CSV file not substantial enough, they even roll their eyes at Fiverr invoices. And don’t even get me started on how much they hate the “contract” we sign with Fiverr.
Our laws and regulations are not at all cut out to cover working on foreign platforms similar to Fiverr.

What I do currently is treat every withdrawal from Fiverr as one big order and pay taxes as if Fiverr ordered something from me. That would cause me the least amount of questions from officials comparing to everything else, because Fiverr is the sender of the money I get to my account after all. But this makes me lose 1.5-2% in taxes, because Fiverr is a company and not a person. I confirmed with tax services that it’s fine, of course. Won’t work for every country, obviously, got to confirm with your officials.

The only downside is that this makes me legally obligated to provide Fiverr with a receipt for every payment I get. I’m sure they can’t wait to get their email spammed with some paperwork in foreing language every now and then.
I’m not going to do that of course, but in theory if someone from Fiverr staff knew about this and decided to complain, I would be facing a fine of 20-100% of my earnings.
Yeah. Paying taxes is fun.

Archived