Is 20% a fair deal?

wesleyfranklin

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if the 20% Fiverr charges is a fair deal. Most platforms charges between 5-10% depending on the level of the freelancer. To even make it worst, they even charge same on tips…I just cannot imagine that. Well, its not like there is anything I or we can do or is there?

I was just wondering if the 20% Fiverr charges is a fair deal

Yes.

Don’t look at it as a 20% being cut off of your income and that’s it. You think it’s a total loss but it isn’t. I would really love that 20% to be cut off of my income since it will be added to the website. Which will probably mean better improvements on the site for us, better security & a lot of other cool stuff!

Not sure how they spend the money. But as you can already see, Fiverr is developing into a better version than it was with much higher features and capabilities. So yeah 20% is a totally fair deal.

Don’t look at it as a 20% being cut off of your income and that’s it. You think it’s a total loss but it isn’t. I would really love that 20% to be cut off of my income since it will be added to the website. Which will probably mean better improvements on the site for us, better security & a lot of other cool stuff!

Not sure how they spend the money. But as you can already see, Fiverr is developing into a better version than it was with much higher features and capabilities. So yeah 20% is a totally fair deal.

Well, I just wanted various opinions. For me its a lot. Have any idea how much 20% amounts to daily? or the number of freelancers on Fiverr? Fo me, 10% would be perfect.

@wesleyfranklin I think 20% charge is fair for the starters or Level 1 Sellers. And as you complete more orders and contribute more revenue to the site, then it is okay I think to decrease the charge as an incentive 🙂

as you complete more orders and contribute more revenue to the site, then it is okay I think to decrease the charge as an incentive

I like this idea too but not done by level. If it was done by the amount earned then it would be fairer.

After earning $1000, then the next $1000 would be 10%, after that maybe 5%.

I think 20% is fair. I would never have had these great customers otherwise.

However - the tip is a tip and fiver should not take 20% in my opinion.

And then people would start making dummy orders of $5 and put actual order amount in Tip instead to save the commission.

And then people would start making dummy orders of $5 and put actual order amount in Tip instead to save the commission.

no cant see that happening

For that to work the seller will have to somehow tell the buyer to pay extra for the tip. Easy for fiverr to check and stop

no cant see that happening

For that to work the seller will have to somehow tell the buyer to pay extra for the tip. Easy for fiverr to check and stop

And why would Fiverr want to put that much resources into checking that? Supposedly after they’ve decreased the commission, they’ll have even less revenues now.

And why would Fiverr want to put that much resources into checking that? Supposedly after they’ve decreased the commission, they’ll have even less revenues now.

why would it need a lot of resources? Also a seller is not going to risk being banned by trying to cheat the system - at least not the long term dedicated members

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if the 20% Fiverr charges is a fair deal. Most platforms charges between 5-10% depending on the level of the freelancer. To even make it worst, they even charge same on tips…I just cannot imagine that. Well, its not like there is anything I or we can do or is there?

they even charge same on tips

In my vision 20% is fine someway but they should not charge on tip.

So are you saying most of fiverrs clients are dishonest and cant be trusted and the rest just dont care about their reputation thus they still do business on such a platform?

So are you saying most of fiverrs clients are dishonest and cant be trusted and the rest just dont care about their reputation thus they still do business on such a platform?

I never meant that, besides It’s highly probable that people would try to find a way around the commission by doing so. Not everyone obviously would do so, but a considerable amount of people might.

1. How do you set up a payment system for you and your clients? Fiverr offers that.
  2. How do you get all these clients? I mean, everyone can’t drive loads of traffic to their personal sites to get clients, Fiverr does that for you.
  3. You get buyers from around the globe, you interact with different people and this does have a positive effect on your professional career plus its a good feeling.

Plus, it also serves as a portfolio to potential clients, your experience and reviews demonstrate credibility! 🙂

I think it is fair. I would spend a lot more for advertising and setting up even a little office. There would be rent, heat, electricity, another internet connection, and maybe even another computer if I did not have a laptop to drag back and forth.

Regardless of the platform you choose to work on there is no way around those expenses really unless you can work from home.

I love fiverr before starting work on fiverr my earning was 0. and now I earned more than 10K only because of fiverr so this 20% fees doesn’t matter.Fiverr changed my life

this 20% fees doesn’t matter.Fiverr changed my life

👏

Thank you so much for this - I do hope that a number of forum users will read your post. ☀️

Archived