Is being a participant in academic research against TOS

venkatameghana

Now, I know assignments, academic essays, applications, etc., go against the terms. However, just recently, I got a query about a project. Seems pretty straightforward. The buyer seems to be conducting a research on some topic associated with ‘polite statements.’ From what I gather, he wants sellers to rate each of the statements in an excel file based on how polite or impolite a statement is. And if I consider the statement to be polite, I am expected to change the sentence in a manner that makes it sound unprofessional, if that makes sense! Having worked on a couple of research papers, it is clear that the buyer is looking for a sample to participate in the study. Now, does that go against the TOS? Considering it is probably completely ethical, according to whatever organization/university they are associated with! Thank you!

Sounds to me like you are being asked to do an assignment they have.

GG

I think it is more of a research paper. And if they are working on a qualitative research study, it does make sense that they require participants to fill out such questionnaires. Assuming I am one of many they have asked to fill out the same form (and they did contact a close friend of mine for the same project, also through Fiverr). So if it is indeed a research paper (which I think it is), asking people to fill out the form would not go against the code of conduct of the university they are in, and would actually be an academic requirement, wouldn’t it?

I think it is more of a research paper. And if they are working on a qualitative research study, it does make sense that they require participants to fill out such questionnaires. Assuming I am one of many they have asked to fill out the same form (and they did contact a close friend of mine for the same project, also through Fiverr). So if it is indeed a research paper (which I think it is), asking people to fill out the form would not go against the code of conduct of the university they are in, and would actually be an academic requirement, wouldn’t it?

I have no idea. But good luck with that!

GG

It’s better to contact Fiverr CS on this matter to help you on this because we can’t really tell whether it’s related to assignment type of scenario or anything related to that It’s better to ask from them because without knowing and putting it on Fiverr Marketplace is an action to get your account suspension.

Unethical Services

Fiverr’s marketplace is open for sellers to offer any creative and productive service they wish to propose. With that being said, we ask to refrain from offering any unethical service. For example, taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

The above is from the Community Standards.

Unethical Services

Fiverr’s marketplace is open for sellers to offer any creative and productive service they wish to propose. With that being said, we ask to refrain from offering any unethical service. For example, taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

The above is from the Community Standards.

Yes, I am well aware of this term! However, in a research paper, the University or entity expects the writers of the paper to send their questionnaires to be filled by a sample, to either prove or disprove hypothesis. So, the response of a participant will not be, in any way, passed off as the buyer’s own work, but as the response of a participant. It is ethical and non-fraudulent to ask for participation in a research. That being said, I understand that the terms pertaining to academic work are quite vaguely worded and I think only CS would be able to provide a definitive answer. Thank you!

Yes, I am well aware of this term! However, in a research paper, the University or entity expects the writers of the paper to send their questionnaires to be filled by a sample, to either prove or disprove hypothesis. So, the response of a participant will not be, in any way, passed off as the buyer’s own work, but as the response of a participant. It is ethical and non-fraudulent to ask for participation in a research. That being said, I understand that the terms pertaining to academic work are quite vaguely worded and I think only CS would be able to provide a definitive answer. Thank you!

I think only CS would be able to provide a definitive answer. Thank you!

That’s the way to go!

We are just buyers and sellers on the forum.

Archived