Is fiverr even do something with socials links in profile description?

athebyne

Hello. I recently saw a popular level 2 seller with instagram profile in they description. I tried to report it (yeah, maybe thats not cool but we all should respect ToS right?) 3 days ago but nothing happened. Is that allowed? I should let it go or what…?

In general, no that is not allowed. (For anyone who’s wondering: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360016541618-Allowed-Links-for-Gigs )

Fiverr CS has been behind for a while, and while they might be finally catching up, I’m sure there’s still a large backlog, and some tasks have higher priority than others.

I don’t know, maybe… But before that I reported an inappropriate gig and it disappeared after like 1 hour? Not the same people are responsible for profile reports? Its been 3 days… Maybe more users must report a profile…?

Fiverr is rather non-communitive about anything that happens behind the scene. This is good for confidentiality reasons, but not so much for things that should be transparent.

What did you report the first profile for? If it was a copyright issue or other major violation, then I could see that as being a far higher concern than someone having a non-permitted link.

Fiverr is rather non-communitive about anything that happens behind the scene. This is good for confidentiality reasons, but not so much for things that should be transparent.

What did you report the first profile for? If it was a copyright issue or other major violation, then I could see that as being a far higher concern than someone having a non-permitted link.

Oh, no no. This gig had a instagram link in description too. Actually it was the same profile. It’s weird that fiverr deleted IG profile from gig (now gig it’s showing but links are gone) but not from profile description that is showing in bottom on same gig site…

Yeah that is a bit odd. Unfortunately playing wack-a-mole can get frustrating. @zeus777 has one seller whom they’ve reported at least a dozen times, but keeps coming back.

Unfortunately playing wack-a-mole can get frustrating.

Oh yes indeed, it is frustrating! 😅

Sometimes I tell myself why am I doing this when I KNOW this fake seller will come back within 48 hours each time the account gets banned…but I just can’t ignore it. One reason is because the seller is pretending to be a professional when clearly she isn’t, and the other she’s pretending to be Japanese. I don’t understand why this fake seller always comes back as a Japanese, around the 10th time you’d think she’ll switch to another nationality… :thinking:

Currently waiting for another cautious seller to proofread a work done by this seller so I can report.

Sadly she has become a level one seller, I guess she’ll continue luring in unsuspecting buyers for a while.

Archived