Fiverr Forum

Is Fiverr getting bad to worse with money

I have to say Fiverr is no longer Fiverr. I cancelled a gig and they seem to have kept $0.5 the processing fee. Do you think they are getting bad to worse with money. This processing fee is way out of order and now they seem to be keeping the money if you cancel it.

Reply to @moshaney1: This is very confusing. If you completed the orders, or they were automatically completed three days after they were delivered, you can’t “get your own money back” because you used it to pay for completed orders. When the orders were delivered - or before - you could have requested modifications or cancellation. It appears that you let the orders be completed.

moshaney1 said: but I just let it go, and paid the $20 bucks
and then decided you wanted to try and get your money refunded. You can't withdraw money that you already paid to someone else.

moshaney1 said: I now have $35 of my money that I have no way of getting back because I cannot withdraw it. I am not sure if I have to wait 14 days or not, but I see no reason to hold my money hostage. I have never seen a service that would not let you get your own money back, even after you have paid for your work.

Maybe someone with more experience can explain this better, but since you didn't use the cancellation option available before the orders were completed, you can't get a refund. When Fiverr refunds are available, you don't get your money back anyway, you just get credit towards buying other Fiverr gigs worth the same amount.

I am new to this and I do not like it. First of all, I paid for an illustration, and the first vendor did not give me what I asked for. I showed him all kinds of examples, and he basically told me that I wanted him to copy the art, when I specifically told him I did not. He had no imagination, so he tried to blame me. I could not get my money off this thing, so I tried another artist, only to not really like his work either, but I just let it go, and paid the $20 bucks. I now have $35 of my money that I have no way of getting back because I cannot withdraw it. I am not sure if I have to wait 14 days or not, but I see no reason to hold my money hostage. I have never seen a service that would not let you get your own money back, even after you have paid for your work. I have read several articles on how to withdraw money, and I have a paypal account, but I never see the withdraw option that keeps being mentioned. I also cannot find a phone number to call anyone, and the email thing has not gotten me any response from Fiverr. I am NEVER using this service again.

When you purchase your next gig it will use the $5 in your account and NOT charge you the processing fee - so you will be okay!