Is Fiverr Itself Gaming Pro Gig Reviews?

cyaxrex

Ok, so here I am doing a bit of niche investigation to get some new gig ideas and I find a Pro gig with a review! Yey! They are selling. Everybody clap hands and sing Kumbaya. BUT the review has been left by Fiverr itself. (Or at least that’s how it looks).

Is Fiverr buying Pro Gigs to give them some review leverage? Anyway, see attached:

523093617_badfiverr.png.07d610b443c150b0f70dfdd506e112f8.png

if we weren’t talking about $1,700 on two gigs.

WOW! Hey fiverr I can write articles and make memes too hit me up.

They must have an expense account to buy things with.

Yeah, I’m going to go PC on this one too. This might, after all, have been some kind of quality control measure. That’ll be it.

Yea, if we weren’t talking about $1,700 on two gigs. How much do people in marketing get paid?

How do we know how much they actually spent on the gig? Couldn’t the seller could have accepted an offer for $5 or something instead of the >$1000? It doesn’t show on the reviews whether the buyer accepted an offer or paid a normal gig price.

How do we know how much they actually spent on the gig? Couldn’t the seller could have accepted an offer for $5 or something instead of the >$1000? It doesn’t show on the reviews whether the buyer accepted an offer or paid a normal gig price.

Yeah but if I sold something for $1,000 and said that I would drop the price to $5 just for you, you would probably leave me a 5-star review and that would be kind of gaming the system itself, due to the fact that other people are going to assume you spent $1,000.

Like I said, though, they are probably just doing a bit quality control or covering for the latest marketing whizz who accidentally ate themselves into an instant coffee coma.

If Fiverr wanted to keep the review system independent/unbiased, while also buying a service and maybe checking quality control shouldn’t they not leave a review? Also shouldn’t they make it (the Fiverr app) so that the purchases they make have as little effect as possible (eg. on the search engine etc.) - to keep it independent/unbiased?

If Fiverr wanted to keep the review system independent/unbiased, while also buying a service and maybe checking quality control shouldn’t they not leave a review? Also shouldn’t they make it (the Fiverr app) so that the purchases they make have as little effect as possible (eg. on the search engine etc.) - to keep it independent/unbiased?

Sorry, I ran out of oats for my hypothesizing horse about an hour ago. I’ll be all out of new ideas until about 9-am tomorrow. That said, you would think so, yes.

All things aside, it’s shady, legit shady.

Why is it shady? Fiverr is a business seeking freelance services.

Imagine buying something from your own employee because they charge more so they can look good and make more money off them. That’s what I call shady.

Have you seen the Shane Dawson ad video about Fiverr?
That looked paid to me.
There is also this blog post which is sponsored by FIverr (says at the end):
LA-Fashion-Blogger-Los-Angeles-Beauty-Blogger-Tech-Blogger.png?fit=32%2C32&ssl=1Creation Despite – 1 Aug 17

Fiverr-Review-Website-Logo-Design.jpg

My Fiverr Review & Final Website Logo Reveal! • Creation Despite

Greetings & salutations to all my entrepreneurial doers, go-getters, and grinders: I did this Fiverr review experiment to find out once and for all whether it’s easier to hire a remote freelancer through an online service marketplace like Fiverr vs....

If Fiverr are using their own sellers to buy services from then great, they are certainly spending money on different things and come on, if they wanted to give fake reviews to Pros, why would they use an account called “Fiverr”?

I have sold two gigs to Fiverr and am working on a third. No gaming of reviews here, just work ordered, completed, paid for, and reviewed.

I’ve also completed orders for Fiverr staff in the past. No gaming the system. Just business as usual.

I’ve also completed orders for Fiverr staff in the past. No gaming the system. Just business as usual.

Others such as V/Os like @donnyvoice have been hired to do Fiverr work too - he is definitely a pro but not a Pro.

There was also a period where Fiverr were looking for translators from the community to translate stuff for them - a number were hired as I recall, from different levels too. I remember a Level 1 posting about it.

Archived