Is Fiverr overcrowded, Are their more sellers than buyers?

gmanasseh

I wouldn’t say that Fiverr is “overcrowded”, there’s plenty of room for many more sellers. What I will say, though, is that there are a lot of “new” sellers who have absolutely no clue how to run a business, and are expecting this to be easy, and have everything done for them. That’s just not how business works.

More often than not, many of those same “new” sellers have little to no interest in learning how to be successful. They just want the sales profit, without having to do any work to earn it.

I find that sad, and disheartening. More people would succeed here, if they only had the heart, mind, and motivation to work hard, obtain business/sales skills, and earn that success.

I pretty much agree with everything Jon said above.

I AM curious though, if the Fiverr magic fairy waved her wand and made ALL
the fake/copied/scammy/unprofessional gigs disappear and only the serious/hardworking/professional people who actually knew and were good at what they are doing remained, Fiverr won’t be “overcrowded.”

…I’m sorry if that sounds condescending…

I wouldn’t say that Fiverr is “overcrowded”, there’s plenty of room for many more sellers. What I will say, though, is that there are a lot of “new” sellers who have absolutely no clue how to run a business, and are expecting this to be easy, and have everything done for them. That’s just not how business works.

More often than not, many of those same “new” sellers have little to no interest in learning how to be successful. They just want the sales profit, without having to do any work to earn it.

I find that sad, and disheartening. More people would succeed here, if they only had the heart, mind, and motivation to work hard, obtain business/sales skills, and earn that success.

Ok, before coming on Fiverr I was of the impression that I would optimize my gig and then magically I would get an order. So, what are the chances of a newbie getting an order with no reviews etc. The chances seem small if you don’t spread the word on other social media sites. So I do agree with you, and I guess thats why many people give up and abandon their account after a while.

I pretty much agree with everything Jon said above.

I AM curious though, if the Fiverr magic fairy waved her wand and made ALL

the fake/copied/scammy/unprofessional gigs disappear and only the serious/hardworking/professional people who actually knew and were good at what they are doing remained, Fiverr won’t be “overcrowded.”

…I’m sorry if that sounds condescending…

Yes I agree with you.

I will always agree with you @jonbaas 😎

There are many niches that are here to stay, therefore I guess the answer is depending on the niche we are talking about as well. Besides other things. I won’t repeat what @jonbaas said, well said there.

But I do want to say that online business is thriving. Yes, it might be hard for a newbie, but that’s the case even if you start your own website, facebook etc. Those that last longer with quality they win. Just like a diet doesn’t work if you are only going to eat healthy for a while, so a business won’t thrive if you are going to improve yourself and deliver quality only in beginning.

I think what’s really sad is that people tend to point the finger at other things when they should point it at themselves. Not to blame oneself, but to see what is to improve so we can become better. Focusing on Fiverr, algorithms, market and such won’t do nothing but create a bigger financial hole. 🙂

There are many niches that are here to stay, therefore I guess the answer is depending on the niche we are talking about as well. Besides other things. I won’t repeat what @jonbaas said, well said there.

But I do want to say that online business is thriving. Yes, it might be hard for a newbie, but that’s the case even if you start your own website, facebook etc. Those that last longer with quality they win. Just like a diet doesn’t work if you are only going to eat healthy for a while, so a business won’t thrive if you are going to improve yourself and deliver quality only in beginning.

I think what’s really sad is that people tend to point the finger at other things when they should point it at themselves. Not to blame oneself, but to see what is to improve so we can become better. Focusing on Fiverr, algorithms, market and such won’t do nothing but create a bigger financial hole. 🙂

So then, what do you recommend they focus on?

Always on point. @jonbaas always hitting the nail on the head.

Yes, We have more sellers than buyers but if we scan and remove sellers who has no experience then i think it can be %40 buyers and %60 sellers.

I wouldn’t remove people who have no experience because then how would that person get experience. I think its better to say remove those who are not serious about their business and are being “spamy”.

you’re right. There are plenty of rooms for the newbies.

I wouldn’t remove people who have no experience because then how would that person get experience. I think its better to say remove those who are not serious about their business and are being “spamy”.

Totally agree and yes i should have said people who are not serious instead of inexperience people.

I consider my self inexperience before fiverr. I did few work for different studios but still it wasn’t close to work that i did here. I think i did more than 300 projects and all buyers were so nice.

Exactly! Fiverr can be exceptional if you’re willing to work.

Honestly i get the same from friends though, they seem to think me working online is just hitting a button and in comes the money. Its the same as every other business and needs to be maintained in the same ways!

Totally agree and yes i should have said people who are not serious instead of inexperience people.

I consider my self inexperience before fiverr. I did few work for different studios but still it wasn’t close to work that i did here. I think i did more than 300 projects and all buyers were so nice.

That is great! I am hoping to get my 1st gig soon and develop my skills even more just like how you did.

That is great! I am hoping to get my 1st gig soon and develop my skills even more just like how you did.

Start slow, keep your clients EXTREMELY HAPPY - go above and beyond and secure your reviews/reputation early, Make sure you spend as much time as it takes BEFORE accepting any job - to make sure you are clear on instructions and can definitely handle the job - Youll do fine!

Exactly! Fiverr can be exceptional if you’re willing to work.

Honestly i get the same from friends though, they seem to think me working online is just hitting a button and in comes the money. Its the same as every other business and needs to be maintained in the same ways!

I think persons who are just getting started in doing business online think it is a piece of cake because that’s how some people portray it after they have “made it” with their online business. They don’t share the moments of preparation to be where they are and so you find a crowd of people jumping into it thinking that money is gonna start rolling in overnight.

Ok, before coming on Fiverr I was of the impression that I would optimize my gig and then magically I would get an order. So, what are the chances of a newbie getting an order with no reviews etc. The chances seem small if you don’t spread the word on other social media sites. So I do agree with you, and I guess thats why many people give up and abandon their account after a while.

Heres a good tip to get those first few orders - UNDERBID! Bid waaay under what they are asking!

Yes, you will work harder and longer for very little money BUT after you get a view jobs/reviews rolling you can ask for whatever you want 🙂

I think persons who are just getting started in doing business online think it is a piece of cake because that’s how some people portray it after they have “made it” with their online business. They don’t share the moments of preparation to be where they are and so you find a crowd of people jumping into it thinking that money is gonna start rolling in overnight.

I work 20 hour days 7 days a week. Every single day i review the buyer request section on any free lance site im on, and send out as many proposals as possible.

I respond nearly 24/7 to any potential client.

It does have its benefits though - i spent 4 months last year working in different countries solely from working online.

I work 20 hour days 7 days a week. Every single day i review the buyer request section on any free lance site im on, and send out as many proposals as possible.

I respond nearly 24/7 to any potential client.

It does have its benefits though - i spent 4 months last year working in different countries solely from working online.

Yes, that is why I like working online. Wow, that is a lot but at least you are your own boss and can take a break if needs be.

Archived