Is it a fraud or what?

nedooleg

It depends. You cannot judge the quality of a gig just by looking at the nationality of the seller. I once ordered an article from an Indian seller, and he got the job well done. Maybe you could provide us with more details of that particular gig, so we can help you judge.

@nedooleg: Don’t mind but if someone is offering a logo at $5, its already a shady deal. Making a unique and detailed logo takes at least a day (at least) so someone working his a** ff whole day for $5 is really needy. I am not saying they must be bad artists but you know what I mean.

Source: Been video and motion design artist for over a decade not selling here

I think you should’ve checked his ratings before placing an order. There are scammers in every country, and i don’t think its only confined to a certain country or geographic area. Usually, from my experience, i have noticed that when people contact a seller, its because he is claiming to provide something at impossible rates. Lured by severely discounted prices, you will only get the work which is worth 5$. Don’t expect to get 100$ of work for 5$. If you are looking for a 100$ work, pay 100 $.

Why are you only hiring from one specific country? YOu should be looking for the best logo designer.

Also that is not such a bad logo, not great, but you get what you pay for too. HOw much information did you provide the person about your business? Did you show samples of other businesses that you liked their logo? What kind of instruction are you giving? Your old logo is very non-descript - what kind of business this for?

I think the issue is price in general, not country. Find a really good logo designer, with many, MANY samples in their gigs, contact them ahead of time, get a quote and then see what you get.

@nedooleg

Hi, i am from Pakistan and i’m a Top Rated Seller here with Featured GIG. 🙂

First of all no user on fiverr can trick the buyer and get the money and run away.

Customer support is always there to help both sellers and buyers. If a buyer does not get the result as advertised in the seller’s gig, he can dispute and get refund.

There are a lot of sellers on fievrr who are not providing good services and they are from every country of this world. Blaming specifically Pakistani Sellers is not a good approach.

I can show you many logo designers from Pakistan whoa re doing stunning and professional work and are top rated sellers as well their gigs are featured.

What you can do is, search people with good ratings and reviews and their work samples. Only then you will find a good designer for your logo requirement.

Hope i help you clearing your mind 🙂

Regards,

BOBBY

You can’t win by pigeonholing an issue. Scammers are not concentrated in one geographical region. They can be from anywhere. You just have go to with the ratings. Someone with a couple of ratings is far more likely to dodge buyers than someone who has got a lot of ratings and is considerably invested in his/her Fiverr account.

So make sure to review the profile before ordering from or contacting any seller on Fiverr.

Guest evpassino

Reply to @nedooleg: If you didn’t get what you paid for, report it to Fiverr and you’ll probably get your money back. That’s one of the great things about Fiverr - they’re the middle man, so the buyer can get their money back if the seller sucks, and the seller can get paid as long as they’ve done their job. No one should lose out on any deal.

If for some reason you can’t get your money back, the least you can do is leave that seller bad feedback. Feedback goes a long way here.

Reply to @nedooleg: yes, but in terms of your time to find the right seller, did you spend time looking through all the top rated sellers, reading over gigs and profiles, and did you contact each person ahead of time? Depending on what you are buying that helps alot. (what kind of gig was it for by the way?)

And as far as money, what most people are trying to say is that many people come around here claiming they got bad work, but then they only paid $5 for a basic gig, for something that really requires much more work. A good, professional custom logo for $5 is not so realistic from any top designer. A quick template type of logo, sure, easy. That kind of thing. Also sometimes people think to buy from certain countries to do things on the cheap.

Just wondering, what kind of gig? Did you get quotes ahead of time, or even contact them? And how much did you spend per gig?

Reply to @nedooleg: ah, if you are a newbie, that explains a little more. There is a section of the forum that are ‘tips for buyers’ so that might be helpful.

But whatever type of job you are trying to have done, of you are getting bad results, one, share a bit more about what it is you bought, what kind of instructions you are giving and then how they screwed things up an did not deliver what you want. We can probably give some insights.

But you have to look at the full picture of any one seller. Check beyond just the gig, but look at their profile, how well is it written in terms of what they do and their training/experience. Look at their overall ratings. Take notice of their “response time”, which is different than delivery time.

I am curious why you were buying from Pakistan specifically for your gigs. Was that jsut coincidence, or did you pick that intentionally?

Reply to @nedooleg: Reply to @nedooleg:I like your polite behaviour. I wish you get some serious and professional sellers next time. Fiverr is a platform which provide you work services in much less prices, as compared to get work done from some company in your area. For example, you can get a logo in 30-50$, same logo will cost you 100$ when you visit some graphic designers in photostudios etc nearby. At the end, all the best again.

Best regards,

Raza Leo

Archived