Is it against Fiverr policy?

buttar_services

Question

Hi. A buyer wants to know my real name. If I tell them my real name (in inbox). Is it against the Fiverr policy in any way? (He asked on the order page, by the way)
I read a post similar to this but that’s very old post. I posted this because Fiverr policy may have changed since then (I just joined days ago). So please answer me too.

Definitely it is against the fiverr policy .

Do not share your personal information with buyers and you do not ask the buyer either.

Definitely it is against the fiverr policy .

Sharing your name is not against TOS. A lot of people use their full name as their username 😛

It’s up to you if you want to share it, but it’s not against TOS to share a name.

You don’t need to give up your real name at all … anonymity is encouraged (at least it has been… up until recently. Now using a real photo has been suggested, as part of tweaking your profile.)

I won’t even use my real picture for that same reason… too easy to google search 🙂 I use a caricature that’s pretty similar to me.

You don’t need to encourage begrudged buyers or stalkers to start interfering with your life.

Keep it private.

chose your real name it is better

You don’t need to give up your real name at all … anonymity is encouraged (at least it has been… up until recently. Now using a real photo has been suggested, as part of tweaking your profile.)

I won’t even use my real picture for that same reason… too easy to google search 🙂 I use a caricature that’s pretty similar to me.

You don’t need to encourage begrudged buyers or stalkers to start interfering with your life.

Keep it private.

I think Fiverr Policy to share Personal information and adding Profile image has a double stranded. I mean facebook can trace your face from a image and suggest friends to tag. But fiverr encourage sellers to use their real images, it is funny how user identities are kept anonymous using by your real photo XD

That crossed my mind. Strange. Isn’t it?

I think Fiverr Policy to share Personal information and adding Profile image has a double stranded. I mean facebook can trace your face from a image and suggest friends to tag. But fiverr encourage sellers to use their real images, it is funny how user identities are kept anonymous using by your real photo XD

There are lots of ways, the policy , unti it is so that you should make payments on fiverr, that’s cool, the rest.

Aah! Nothing to say

it needs website admin mail or mail forwarding email

So long as you’re asking for it on the order page and you need the information to complete the task it should be fine.

If in doubt, ask CS.

And sometimes things become more important, we want to let the client know that we provide multiple services. As a wordpress developer, we integrate paypal, capture emails( lead collection ) , create email templates , payment gateways. And fiverr shows us a RED!! ⚠️ box. But those features are kind of must to be told.

Will I ever be flagged for those. I need that so much.

Guest offlinehelpers

If i create a signup form for my clients, it needs website admin mail or mail forwarding email. So what should do?

it needs website admin mail or mail forwarding email

So long as you’re asking for it on the order page and you need the information to complete the task it should be fine.

If in doubt, ask CS.

Why would your buyer need to know that?

The paragraph below is from the Terms of Service which you will find at the bottom of the Fiverr main page. Suggest you read it all so you know the rules as to how Fiverr works.

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.

If i create a signup form for my clients, it needs website admin mail or mail forwarding email. So what should do?

It depends on the gig. A resume writer will learn the names, phones, addresses, etc, of his clients.

A Facebook page manager will learn the name of his client. LinkedIn summaries means you see someone’s LinkedIn account. Other examples include language lessons on s***e, wordpress development, etc.

What you should avoid is communicating outside Fiverr. Ironically, there’s a guy that offers a 30 minute phone consultation, and Fiverr allows him to do that for some reason, but to be safe, say anything you have to say on Fiverr.

I think it is not a against the Fiver Policy to ask some one real name, when i send message or deliver project is the last i always mention,

Thank you
My username

But it is against the Fiverr Policy to share Personal information that become the way that the client can able communicate out source from fiverr,

Like Phone no, ID any kind, email etc,so do not share this with any one through Fiverr Platform,

And please if some one confirm form CS that it is against the Fiverr Poilcy or TOS to mention your real name, so please mention it here,
so we will never use it again,

Archived