Is it against TOS to communicate with Buyer in Zoom meeting?

rizwanur003

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had the same question as well as some clients are asking for complicated services they want to explain via Zoom. Here are my thoughts:

1. Fiverr actually promotes Zoom in their gigs. Here is a promo page by Fiverr offering Zoom services: https://www.fiverr.com/gigs/zoom

2. The terms of service (https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service) states that “To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.” The way I interpret that is if you are using Zoom in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system, then you are out of compliance.

However, in the event that it is reasonable to use Zoom to complete your gig, and your intent is not to circumvent or abuse the system (i.e. asking for payments outside the platform), then I believe you are in the clear.

If you want to be absolutely sure on the issue, I would encourage you to contact Fiverr support.

• 1 month later...

you can only communicate on Fiverr

That’s not true. You can 100% communicate outside of Fiverr if it is necessary to do so to secure or deliver an order. In face, some of the specific Gigs are for ONLINE LESSONS. You can’t deliver those through Fiverr. They must be delivered through Zoom or another video chat platform. Therefore, your assumption that you cannot communicate outside of Fiverr for any reason is wrong and is actually costing people Gigs.

That’s not true. You can 100% communicate outside of Fiverr if it is necessary to do so to secure or deliver an order. In face, some of the specific Gigs are for ONLINE LESSONS. You can’t deliver those through Fiverr. They must be delivered through Zoom or another video chat platform. Therefore, your assumption that you cannot communicate outside of Fiverr for any reason is wrong and is actually costing people Gigs.

There is a beta function that allows users to have video conferences through Fiverr,but discussing outside Fiverr is a definitely NO,however you can try it and tell us how it goes if that’s what you like, good luck .

In the TOS you have this

‘’ * Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page. ‘’ as lloydsolutions mentioned above , however please be aware that Fiverr decides if an exchange of personal information is actually required , I for instance wouldn’t try to do that

There is a beta function that allows users to have video conferences through Fiverr,but discussing outside Fiverr is a definitely NO,however you can try it and tell us how it goes if that’s what you like, good luck .

In the TOS you have this

‘’ * Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page. ‘’ as lloydsolutions mentioned above , however please be aware that Fiverr decides if an exchange of personal information is actually required , I for instance wouldn’t try to do that

There is a beta function that allows users to have video conferences through Fiverr

Only for open orders, so it’s useless to make a sale.

In the TOS you have this

@cre8iveartwork - People literally don’t know what they’re talking about when they say Video calls or communicating outside of Fiverr is prohibited. There’s a FRAKING ARTICLE ON VIDEO CALLS - https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011062838-Video-Calls?segment=seller

Exchange of personal information or communication off platform is not allowed if you’re circumventing Fiverr. It says “Unnecessary” as a qualifier in the TOS for goodness sake! What is the opposite of unnecessary? Necessary. Which means if it is necessary to secure a gig on Fiverr or to deliver said Gig then you can communicate off platform!

This climate of fear and ignorance is why I hate Fiverr. It’s literally the least professional of all the platforms.

@cre8iveartwork - People literally don’t know what they’re talking about when they say Video calls or communicating outside of Fiverr is prohibited. There’s a FRAKING ARTICLE ON VIDEO CALLS - https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011062838-Video-Calls?segment=seller

Exchange of personal information or communication off platform is not allowed if you’re circumventing Fiverr. It says “Unnecessary” as a qualifier in the TOS for goodness sake! What is the opposite of unnecessary? Necessary. Which means if it is necessary to secure a gig on Fiverr or to deliver said Gig then you can communicate off platform!

This climate of fear and ignorance is why I hate Fiverr. It’s literally the least professional of all the platforms.

good luck , all the best

In the TOS you have this

but discussing outside Fiverr is a definitely NO,however you can try it and tell us how it goes if that’s what you like, good luck .

Well, this ain’t true either. I do calls with leads all the time, and am cleared to do so.

but discussing outside Fiverr is a definitely NO,however you can try it and tell us how it goes if that’s what you like, good luck .

Well, this ain’t true either. I do calls with leads all the time, and am cleared to do so.

so said a few others that were banned , but it’s ok users can do as they please

good luck , all the best

From the TOS: “Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■ / IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr IN ORDER TO CIRCUMVENT OR ABUSE THE FIVERR MESSAGING SYSTEM OR FIVERR PLATFORM IS NOT PERMITTED.” (emphasis mine)

See where it says in order to abuse or circumvent? That means it’s OK to communicate through other channels if you have a legitimate reason to do so. You people Seriously need to stop scarring people and giving misinformation based on ignorant assumptions.

From the TOS: “Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■ / IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr IN ORDER TO CIRCUMVENT OR ABUSE THE FIVERR MESSAGING SYSTEM OR FIVERR PLATFORM IS NOT PERMITTED.” (emphasis mine)

See where it says in order to abuse or circumvent? That means it’s OK to communicate through other channels if you have a legitimate reason to do so. You people Seriously need to stop scarring people and giving misinformation based on ignorant assumptions.

good luck , take care

Don’t trust TOS, don’t trust CS, etc. Fiverr is very hit and miss with rules. Talk to a representative directly, and ask about your particular case.

Also, I never exchange e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc. - no personal contact information. Direct link to zoom /skyp meeting only.

• 2 months later...

Archived