Is it allowed to use email to communicate with buyer?

mrhamb

Question

I’m in a bit of dilemma here, a buyer just message me of a possible work for me…but he required for us to use email since he mentioned the file is too large…idk. Because when I wrote the word ‘email’, I got a pop up saying a possible violation of Tos has occurred and I haven’t done anything yet like woa…kinda scary

8 answers to this question

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.

The above is from the Terms of Service which you will find at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.

The above is from the Terms of Service which you will find at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Ah thank you. Sooo, it’s not permitted? But is there any other way to send any large volumes of files here in Fiverr? Is there… actually a limit in sending files?

If you type “sending large files” in the search bar above there are several posts on the subject which may be helpful to you.

Checking it asap…

Btw, I’ve been thinking…say if I want to send a large file in the order page, how should I deliver the final file? Let’s say I use dropbox for that. So could I include a link in the delivery box? Im such a noob 😓

Checking it asap…

Btw, I’ve been thinking…say if I want to send a large file in the order page, how should I deliver the final file? Let’s say I use dropbox for that. So could I include a link in the delivery box? Im such a noob 😓

Using Dropbox for larger files is fine.

Personally I use Google Drive and I ask customer’s email to give them access.

Using Dropbox for larger files is fine.

Personally I use Google Drive and I ask customer’s email to give them access.

Alrite, thank you so much. Seems like those two are the most suggested in the other posts I’ve read as well… I feel like Im having a panic attack…since Im so lost, and the buyer’s still there waiting ahahah…😅

Guest creatorscafe

Alrite, thank you so much. Seems like those two are the most suggested in the other posts I’ve read as well… I feel like Im having a panic attack…since Im so lost, and the buyer’s still there waiting ahahah…😅

Use Google drive its is best option it gives 15 GB free storage , and I don’t think your file is larger than that and if it is you can use their paid plans which I think are as low as 1.77$ and it gives you 100 GB storage and that I think is a fair amount for that much data .

Archived