Is it ethical to have my friends be my first buyers

duncansvoices

You need to be careful of the bit in the terms of service that says:

To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.

If you’re asking your friends to buy and doing it for the reviews maybe that would be classed as arranged?

If the orders are legit (they would buy your services off the platform otherwise), there should be no problem. If they are creating fake orders, it’s highly questionable.

They would be totally legitimate orders, through fiverr. I just want some positive reviews under my belt to hopefully get some traction.

They would be totally legitimate orders, through fiverr. I just want some positive reviews under my belt to hopefully get some traction.

Be careful with that last part - you are assuming the reviews will be positive just because they are your friends. That can be considered manipulation.

You need to be careful of the bit in the terms of service that says:

To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.

If you’re asking your friends to buy and doing it for the reviews maybe that would be classed as arranged?

Thank you for showing me that I will keep that in mind. This is why I wanted to run it by the fiverr community

Archived