Is it good asking for website details and having a look before If I can do it? Or its against terms that before order we can't ask details of website to be fixed

naikoosuhaib

It’s not against the terms, but I would refrain from asking sensitive information like logins/passwords (might be just me, though)

I sometimes ask potential clients to give me their site address so that I can see if I’m able to review it or not, nothing wrong with that, and can save everyone’s time in the end 😉

It’s not against the terms, but I would refrain from asking sensitive information like logins/passwords (might be just me, though)

I sometimes ask potential clients to give me their site address so that I can see if I’m able to review it or not, nothing wrong with that, and can save everyone’s time in the end 😉

I would refrain from asking sensitive information like logins/passwords.

That’s a good point. You shouldn’t ask for login details. User won’t give access to various sellers to have a look and possible damage their site 🙂 I probably misunderstood the question here. I thought OP was talking about public details such as URL, error message etc. or even a screenshot if the problem occurs in the backend.

I would refrain from asking sensitive information like logins/passwords.

That’s a good point. You shouldn’t ask for login details. User won’t give access to various sellers to have a look and possible damage their site 🙂

I had a potential buyer who sent me his site to see if I can review it, but he changed his mind afterwards to later (after a few days) come back to me and yell that I’ve ruined his site - it took a while to convince him he never handed me any login info and that I couldn’t possibly have done that 😬 It was a confusion/mix-up.

I probably misunderstood the question here. I thought OP was talking about public details such as URL, error message etc.

Could be, the question wasn’t very specific regarding what details, so I just made sure security is covered as well 🙂

❤️

I had a potential buyer who sent me his site to see if I can review it, but he changed his mind afterwards to later (after a few days) come back to me and yell that I’ve ruined his site - it took a while to convince him he never handed me any login info and that I couldn’t possibly have done that 😬 It was a confusion/mix-up.

I probably misunderstood the question here. I thought OP was talking about public details such as URL, error message etc.

Could be, the question wasn’t very specific regarding what details, so I just made sure security is covered as well 🙂

Yes that can happen that we might get blamed for something we never did.

Archived