Fiverr Community Forum

Is it legal to exchange gig reviews?

There are most of websites/groups that are exchange like,share, etc.
so my question is ? Can I force in social media/fiverr forum to promote or give reviews/exchange whatever?
i look forward to see your response.

If Fiverr finds you are exchanging gig reviews, both you and the person you exchange reviews with are playing with fire :fire:, because you are taking a chance on getting a warning or even being banned for manipulation of the review system. We on the Forum have :eyes: seen this happen many times. So, :stop_sign: stop and think long and hard about the consequences before you attempt to do gig review exchanging! :wink:

4 Likes

fire :fire: fire :fire:

Of course it’s not allowed! The only way to get reviews is to deliver orders.
Anything else is manipulation of the system and will get you banned.

5 Likes

Exchanging gig reviews is probably one of the quickest ways to get banned.

From Fiverr’s Terms of Service: “Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.”

If you wish to know what’s allowed and what isn’t, the best thing to do is to read the terms. You’ll find the link at the bottom of every forum page (“Legal”).

5 Likes

Thank you for looking this up and sharing it here!

1 Like

Not only being banned. Manipulating the review system can take you to a court and face strong penalties. Some years ago, some people were selling here Amazon fake reviews, and they were taken to court by Amazon for manipulating the review system.

Besides that, it is TOTALLLY unethical, unfair for other sellers. Playing dirty tricks is the best way to get out of here fast. So no, not only it is not legal, it is unfair, unethical, will get you banned forever, and can take you to a court.

7 Likes

How you can imagine that you are following fiverr rules and regulations while changing reviews.?
Buyers can reviews your profile or gigs.

Thankyou everyone ! your answer get me inspired :slight_smile: I understand the policys

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

It is very informative content for my account security.
Thanks for letting me know