Fiverr Community Forum

Is it necessary to have basic package of "$5"?

I am new to fiverr, is it necessary for me to have the basic package of the amount “$5” ?

3 Likes

I don’t think so.
Because
How can i offer legal services for $5. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Not necessary at all

2 Likes

not necessary, you can offer any amount

2 Likes

It used to be. That was the original “Hook” of fiverr. It’s what got people to check it out. People could actually get something of value for $5! Now it looks like your price does not have to start at $5. Follow this link to fiverr’s instructions on creating your gig. Pricing is covered in detail. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/creating-a-gig

3 Likes

i mean i know i can offer any amount, but people say you will hardly get orders, if you dn have $5 gig!

3 Likes

Not anymore lol, Fiverr has evolved alot in the past few years.

3 Likes

That depends on how good you are at what you’re doing (both your service and your communication skills), and on your competitors. If others offer the same quality you do, but for $5, then yes, you’ll find it difficult to get orders.

5 Likes

Not anymore. You can sell your base gig at any price above 5.

4 Likes

I agree with the others $5 :sandwich: footlongs gigs are a thing of the past.

I’ve upped my base rates to $20 and I’ve been getting a bunch of queries. So, it seems people are not phased by the price, even regular clients were happy to see me back. Had a client placed an order straightaway.:grin:

Just go with your gut, but don’t devalue your worth.

Raised my rates and I’m happy I did it!

4 Likes

absolutely right :hearts:

3 Likes

I am also a new seller. If you put your base price at something ridiculously high. You are likely not to get orders. The idea I was given was start with something’ small. You can later up your prices thereof.

2 Likes

How can i write a legal letter for $5? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :confused:

3 Likes

Know your Worth! That’s important.
You need to get at least equivalent compensation for your effort.
That you need to start from something small doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be $5.

1 Like

Thanks for understanding but there are many sellers who are willing to write LEGAL DOCUMENTS for $5. :pensive: :confused: :face_with_thermometer:

2 Likes

It is obviously NOT
But many freelancers in this marketplace have narrowed the price and ruined the market hence we all have to start with such small price

It’s us who has done it so many expert freelancers have to work for such small money

2 Likes

That will of course spoil the market for you. But if you are far better than them. You’ll still get noticed. Therefore, compelling people to place orders.

1 Like

I looked at BR just for giggles… A Buyer request showed a 4K word script for $5 and the offers at that time were 10 offers. :scream: There’s no way in hell or heaven, I’m working for peanuts. A few treat Fiverr like a flea market to haggle prices.

2 Likes

10 offer response doesn’t necessarily mean that sellers that responded to such buyer request are ready to slaughter themselves by writing 4k words for $5.

While sending an offer. You will by yourself decide how much you want to do the work.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I thinkkk, $5 doesn’t mean actul price ? hmm :thinking::thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like