Fiverr Forum

Is it normal for someone to post a $20 gig, and then ask you for $160?

I was inquiring about their service, which shows some nice logos, and presents a $20 plan. Their largest charge is $40. The logos they have are beyond just text. Very good work. But this is the conversation that happened:

This is my first time…is there something I am missing?

Drop that seller and try the next one :wink:
If you look at their portfolio then you’ll see that there are some fishy logos which are sold on other sites as well.

2 Likes

Yeah…but I want to know if this is a normal thing?

Nope, price might change if you have special requests, but it won’t change from $20 to $160 just like that without any questions.

2 Likes

it probably is normal for the bad, unethical buyers. Keep testing them until you get a good one. Seek level 2 and TRS level.

you mean sellers? And also, thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol yes I meant sellers, sorry on that :slight_smile:

I’ve had a seller quote me a much different price than their gig price when my inquiry should have only taken the standard gig rate. I don’t work with people who do that.

I always ask my customers for a bit more information before making a custom offer. I only charge extra if they have special requests which are not in terms with what my packages are offering.

As @uxreview said, drop this seller and move to another.

Stolen/copied logos is never a good sign. There are many sellers that think it’s ok to showcase others work just to attract buyers.

Is there a good method for seeing if they do copy others work?

right click on the image and hit “search google for this image”.

2 Likes

There is. Usually google images finds them. If you need some help in finding someone who is genuine, I can take a look for you. Depends what kind of logo design you’re looking for. If you’re into minimalist, feel free to check out my gig as well :slight_smile: I’m not saying you should go with me, see if my style matches yours!

This isn’t normal. Of course it’s possible that a custom offer has a higher or even a lower price than if you would order the gig directly. The fact that this dude is already asking 8 times the gig price without any explanation or exchange of more detailed information on the job shows that it is someone you should totally not trust.

1 Like

Did anyone else read it all and just go "what…"