Is it Okay or rude?

hazel_justin131

There are some situations when I always think before replying that Am I being rude? I just wanted to ask

Is it OK or rude:
to block a buyer who is forcing you to work more in less money?
to refuse a buyer if you think you can’t do the work?
to say excuse me to a buyer who is asking again and again if the work is finished or not?
to say “NO” to a buyer if you don’t want to work with him because of his behaviour in previous order?

Is it OK to say “NO”?

Absolutely!!
Something my dad use to say: “If you can’t say ‘no’, your ‘yes’ means nothing”

For those of you who do not know me or those of you lurking the threads without logging on; take it from a buyer - know how to say “NO!” If you spend any time reading these forums, you’ll find plenty of posts where a seller, typically new - but not always, say they were scammed or the buyer is holding them hostage. They are literally begging forum members, to help them with a really bad scam artist, who is threatening them with bad reviews or giving them a sob story to get things for free. Rem…

Boundaries are critical for a good relationship, professional or otherwise.

Actually I couldn’t say no and people used to take advantage of me In real life also. When they needed help in studies or whatever thing, they used to come to me. That was my huge mistake that I couldn’t say NO.
But now I am learning to say No and today I refused a buyer first time that I can’t do his work. Feeling pretty good 🙂

This whole thread is good, but I want to share this specific post:

“Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No, to Take Control of Your Life” (by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend)

Excerpt from a very hard to read book. (Because it forces people to face the mirror)

Book: Boundaries, pg 205-7, Workplace Problem #2 - Overtime

BoundariesPg205.thumb.jpg.af9d6fe538217046bdec0e88adb2c485.jpg

BoundariesPg206.thumb.jpg.3fb803d29030b5806ffebb19526ba088.jpg

BoundariesPg207.thumb.jpg.f19177ca9a378bd56767ecc9b95eef7d.jpg

I’ll admit, it doesn’t apply perfectly. It does, however, make a LOT of sense.
(Sorry for the small image size. DM me if it’s too hard to read.)

Archived