Is it okay to ask for Instagram username and password from buyer?

raditz000

Is it okay to ask for Instagram username and password from the buyer for social media management. As my buyer has placed an order on my gig, and in the requirements, I have asked about the Instagram username and password. So, I just thought to ask is it safe?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

You can ask by writing it on a paper, and send its picture to the buyer :tipping_hand_woman:

What would that help? Is that how you get around the rules on other things? :roll_eyes:

For the OP, I suggest you research if there is another way to manage an Instagram account for clients. If there isn’t, you can specify in your gig description that you will need their password in order to complete the job and make it a requirement upon ordering. Otherwise, you can always ask CS for clarification to be 100% sure.

You can ask by writing it on a paper, and send its picture to the buyer :tipping_hand_woman:

What would that help? Is that how you get around the rules on other things? :roll_eyes:

For the OP, I suggest you research if there is another way to manage an Instagram account for clients. If there isn’t, you can specify in your gig description that you will need their password in order to complete the job and make it a requirement upon ordering. Otherwise, you can always ask CS for clarification to be 100% sure.

Its a short term suggestion, if his buyer is awaiting otherwise your advice is really helpful 👍

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

Taken from here: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page .

true however let’s not forget that Fiverr decides what’s necessary or not

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Good idea if you are into looking to breaking the rules. If a seller shows me they can easily break the rules on a platform that is there to generate money for them, I will definitely not trust them enough to give them my password.

Here is the correct way to go about this situation. @raditz000 should have contacted CS before they even created the gig and asked them the proper way of going about being a social media manager. That way when they received an order, they would know what was allowed and what wasn’t.

Archived