Fiverr Community Forum

Is it possible sell software?

I am an old user of Fiverr.
I am selling my software here for various years.
Recently I released a new software, but my gig was denied because of TOS violation.
I opened a ticket and support staff say me that in Fiverr selling software is not permitted.
So I go to read TOS, but I cannot read nothing about software.
Any suggestion?

4 Likes

Contact CS if you need extra clarification. But if CS are telling you that a certain action isn’t permitted then I would avoid selling such a gig. Any comments on here would be speculation or interpretation of the TOS.

2 Likes

The problem is that actually I am selling 3 software here on Fiverr, therefore I could sell another one. Maybe TOS is not retroactive, so previous gigs are not affected.

2 Likes

You realise that selling software is fraud?

Fiverr TOS states that no illegal actions or services are permitted, and selling software comes under that.

Surely you realise?

2 Likes

How is this exactly?

Mind you, I did always have a feeling…

1 Like

The only real reason I could think of as to why selling software isn’t allowed is the 30 day service rule, stating you can’t offer a service that requires more than 30 days to implement, show effect, etc.
I personally can’t think of any software that you only use once in your lifetime.

With that being said, if they are aware that you are selling software eventhough they told you it isn’t allowed, they might just end up giving you a warning for each gig, so I’d be careful.

2 Likes

What fraud? The software that I sell is mine. I have full rights to sell it. I don’t see any issues and the TOS don’t specify nothing about software.

2 Likes

30 day service rule? I am selling ready to use software. I don’t implement absolutely nothing. I am not offering here a software developing service.

1 Like

Yeah but your clients use the software for an unspecified amount of time

if there happens to be an issue with the software 2 years from now, and the client contacts fiverr customer support, you have a problem.

2 Likes

Never happened. The software is one time fee and my clients contact me also after 2 years. I am a Fiverr seller from 2011. The problem here is with a new gig, not with old gigs. The strange thing is that the object sold is always the same: a software. For me will be more useful the someone can notify me something written in TOS that I don’t see because English is not my mother tongue.

1 Like

Just because the problem with software offered in old gigs hasn’t been discovered yet doesn’t mean there’s no problem. CS told you selling software is not permitted. That obviously counts for any type of software and regardless of the reasons why it isn’t allowed.

1 Like

The software with old gig was already discovered and flagged with thirdy part TOS violation but it has passed the human review after I opened a ticket. So the old gigs has been already check from Fiverr team. In the TOS there is some referement that block software selling?

1 Like

did you create that software ?

1 Like

Obviously, I am a software engineering and I know multiple programming languages.

2 Likes

What software never requires service or support ever again?

All software needs to be updated otherwise it can malfunction and open the device up to viruses.

Selling software without updates is very irresponsible.

And Fiverr is for selling personally performed services, not selling products.

1 Like

you didnt created new gig ?

Yes I created a new gig