Is it possible to block buyers from certain countries?

This has probably been ranted about and asked many times. There are 3 countries whose buyers have an issue every single time. I would like to permanently block buyers from these countries. The other issue is buyers who claim they are in the US but are clearly using a VPN to sign up. Funny the same buyers with fake US profiles sound exactly like the same buyers who can’t afford a gig and ask for a refund…every single time. Real US buyers are great and so are Canadian, Australian and European. Can I block countries I don’t want orders from?

Racism on Fiverr

It’s not possible to block buyers.

If you have an issue with a specific buyer, you can report him or her to Customer Support. Other than that, there’s nothing you can do.

nomadicoffice said: I would like to permanently block buyers from these countries. The other issue is buyers who claim they are in the US but are clearly using a VPN to sign up.
If buyers could be blocked by country, even more users would use VPNs and fake locations.

Though you can’t block individuals or filter out people from buying your gig, you’re perfectly free to choose not to work with someone that you don’t want to deal with. If a buyer has activated an order and you feel like there are just too many troublesome issues to want to deal with, you can always convey to the buyer that you don’t think the transaction should move forward and propose a mutual cancellation.

Yes, the ability to simply block someone from even ordering your gig in the first place would be easier, but the above method is all we’ve got at this point. As @belengarcia said, I don’t know how effective blocking entire countries would be in the long run if users can simply work around that by using a VPN to fake their actual location.

Instead of blocking a country, I would like to block an individual customer. Telling someone "I don’t want to work with you /sell to you/ serve you. … online doesn’t work as effective as offline. In a physical store the customer would likely walk away (angry, maybe but they will be gone) . Here they can keep ordering and decline when we offer a mutual cancelation.

Ask for mutual cancellation, easy!

I think great buyer all came from us, all my buyer from us are al lovely

Ask for a mutual cancellation every time you get an order from one of those countries.

Reply to @belengarcia: good point. Some websites do block buyers from certain countries due to the number of problems coming from them.

Reply to @solow13: Unfortunately that only works if the other party agrees to the cancellation.

I would like an answer for this too.

No it is not. Unfortunately. I think we all have had those clients who expect wonders for zero money or have no budget at all, but try to negotiate on one dollar. For now, it just comes with the package… I would use predefined replies for these kind of clients… for us it works but it’s not a 100% waterproof shield. :slight_smile:

I am also facing the same problem from some countries.

Ancient thread