Is it possible to change the URL of your existing gig?

magisworks

Question

When I had created a gig 2 years ago then title was different . Now I have changed gig title according to relevant keyword but url remain same as before . I want to change gig url for better position in search result . Is there any way to change it ? Thanks in advance .

• Like 16

On 3/28/2018 at 1:09 AM, wordpress_skils1 said:

You can’t change gig permalink. Fiverr may work on this in future.

They probably won’t change it. Keeping the URL helps with spotting scams (say, someone gets reviews for one thing, and then changes the gig to something completely different, trying to make it appear as if they’ve got reviews for a different service). 

• Like 10

I facing the similar situation.

I made a gig with very unnoticeable title at first but then I changed it to more searchable one but it shows the old title then I created an additional gig for same service but still its not searchable. I don’t know what am I missing here. 😞 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 11:51 AM, catwriter said:

They probably won’t change it. Keeping the URL helps with spotting scams (say, someone gets reviews for one thing, and then changes the gig to something completely different, trying to make it appear as if they’ve got reviews for a different service).

Nope, they’ve probably made the URL’s permalink as the ID of a gig.

They should implement to have this feature. 

• Like 4

Hello, desperate need of assistance,

I noticed that my dig title does not match the URL address, please, can anyone advise what can I do to resolve the issue/mistake?..seems like a school-boy error on my part.

I presume the root cause was of the issue was made whilst I was making amendments to the gig.

I would really appreciate anyone’s help.

Cheers.

• Like 3

So, unless I wanted it to change it, I would need to delete the gig and start again?? or am I being too critical…

yes. if you want to change that permalink. then you need to recreate the gig

and for the tip. before creating any gig. please do proper research and then plan > design > launch the gig

thanks

I don’t know what the mistake was but it will not hurt the gig as long as the title is for the same thing as the URL> for example if the URL is about logos, then the gig should be about logos.

If the URL is about something different from the gig then you will need to delete the gig.

I don’t know what the mistake was but it will not hurt the gig as long as the title is for the same thing as the URL> for example if the URL is about logos, then the gig should be about logos.

If the URL is about something different from the gig then you will need to delete the gig.

I’ve been doing some research and its advised that the title description and keywords used conform to Fiverr’s search algorithm - which would mean that your gig will have a better chance at being ranked without any ambiguity…Im not an expert in this, I’m just following what the general public advise.

But for sure, you are right, if the title makes suitable relevance then it ‘should’ be all good.

🙂

Gig permalinks stays the same as like your initial title when you created and published the gig.

I found it happened even before publishing. The first time you write a title in your draft the permalink is set right after saving or moving to the next step.

It happened to me but as @misscrystal says the title is still relevant. Actually I see it as a good thing since it’s a slightly different way to communicate what the gig is about (in case anyone bothers to look at the url)

If it happens to me again while drafting I would just recreate the gig before publishing.

• Like 2

Your gig URL slug isn’t going to affect that.

I know in regular SEO it can, but not on Fiverr.

Fiverr explains very clearly that you can’t change your gig URL. No system anywhere changes your URL slug automatically when you change your title. Because then people would complain about losing their backlinks.