Is it possible to receive an account warning for late orders?

donnovan86

Hi guys

Recently I had an account warning that arrived out of nowhere, which said I had excessive cancellations. I stopped canceling any orders, especially those with no particular guidelines, however I would like to know if you have any idea whether having lots of late orders can lead to an account warning. I am over the 90% percentage, so there’s no demotion or anything. I checked all TOS for this and there doesn’t seem to be anything about it. Then again, it doesn’t really specify anything about excessive cancellations either, so I wanted to know if someone else has any experience with this kind of stuff. Obviously I want to keep my account safe like everyone here…

i’m curious what does ’ excessive cancellations ’ means exactly … how many cancellations ? Sometimes we have to cancel orders even if it’s not our fault … it seems unfair

I don’t know to be honest.

Within the week I received that I only had maybe 1-2 cancellations, one of which was requested by a buyer because he couldn’t wait for me to finish around the deadline. It might be that, who knows.

I was shocked as well, it was late night on Sunday, so that was a pretty random warning. That’s why I am very very careful now and I wanted to ask people if any of them got a warning due to late orders. If I can’t cancel anymore, at least I am trying to extend them, but not all buyers reply in time and some orders can be late… And that’s why I asked about late orders.

Within the week I received that I only had maybe 1-2 cancellations, one of which was requested by a buyer because he couldn’t wait for me to finish around the deadline. It might be that, who knows.

I was shocked as well, it was late night on Sunday, so that was a pretty random warning. That’s why I am very very careful now and I wanted to ask people if any of them got a warning due to late orders. If I can’t cancel anymore, at least I am trying to extend them, but not all buyers reply in time and some orders can be late… And that’s why I asked about late orders.

I think it’s best to contact support and ask them

Can you confirm whether this was an actual TOS warning? If it was, I’d suggest you be a bit cheeky and send Fiverr its first acting like a back breaking employer warning.

Hello, in addition to the excellent suggestion to ask customer support, why not improve these? If you are worried about too many late deliveries, figure out how to stop delivering late. Give yourself a longer deadline.

It says There’s an issue with your Fiverr account

It also says This is your first warning. If you repeat this violation or continue to violate Fiverr’s TOS, your account will be suspended.

So pretty sure it’s an account warning…

If you are worried about too many late deliveries, figure out how to stop delivering late. Give yourself a longer deadline.

You’re right, but I am using deadline extensions if needed and I do complete almost every order on time. I do have the occasional 5-10 minutes too late because I was proofreading, but I don’t think that’s really a major issue. What I was talking about relates to orders where people don’t share any guidelines of what I should be delivering. If I ask for more information, I end up waiting well after the delivery time and the order is late. I had this happen around 15 times in the past 30 days, combined with other late orders that can appear because I am actually late on delivering stuff, it can become a problem.

Unfortunately I don’t see a real way to solve those issues where customers order but don’t share their topics. I contact them within minutes, but many times they say they will get back to me later. And thus I receive my penalty for not delivering on time. That’s why I asked if people got in trouble if they were late. I am still upwards of 90% when it comes to orders delivered on time, so that shouldn’t really be an issue.

It also says This is your first warning. If you repeat this violation or continue to violate Fiverr’s TOS, your account will be suspended.

If you are worried about too many late deliveries, figure out how to stop delivering late. Give yourself a longer deadline.

You’re right, but I am using deadline extensions if needed and I do complete almost every order on time. I do have the occasional 5-10 minutes too late because I was proofreading, but I don’t think that’s really a major issue. What I was talking about relates to orders where people don’t share any guidelines of what I should be delivering. If I ask for more information, I end up waiting well after the delivery time and the order is late. I had this happen around 15 times in the past 30 days, combined with other late orders that can appear because I am actually late on delivering stuff, it can become a problem.

Unfortunately I don’t see a real way to solve those issues where customers order but don’t share their topics. I contact them within minutes, but many times they say they will get back to me later. And thus I receive my penalty for not delivering on time. That’s why I asked if people got in trouble if they were late. I am still upwards of 90% when it comes to orders delivered on time, so that shouldn’t really be an issue.

Unfortunately I don’t see a real way to solve those issues where customers order but don’t share their topics.

This sounds like a classic case of not putting your prices high enough. There is a point where you can reach a high enough purchase price for your gigs that they will not order then forget about it and you, as they are now doing.

And make sure your requirements section is very simply and firmly worded.

Having it happen 15 times in 30 days is huge. Figure out something else. Change something.

Unfortunately I don’t see a real way to solve those issues where customers order but don’t share their topics.

This sounds like a classic case of not putting your prices high enough. There is a point where you can reach a high enough purchase price for your gigs that they will not order then forget about it and you, as they are now doing.

And make sure your requirements section is very simply and firmly worded.

Having it happen 15 times in 30 days is huge. Figure out something else. Change something.

The requirements are simple, I just ask for a topic, keywords and any additional information that the customer can provide. All of this split in 2 lines to make it easy to read.

I assume I got the cancellation warning because I just canceled the unresponsive orders, I didn’t know canceling and still keeping the percentages over 90% can still give you a warning. Guess I was wrong.

Thank you for your tips.

The requirements are simple, I just ask for a topic, keywords and any additional information that the customer can provide. All of this split in 2 lines to make it easy to read.

I assume I got the cancellation warning because I just canceled the unresponsive orders, I didn’t know canceling and still keeping the percentages over 90% can still give you a warning. Guess I was wrong.

Thank you for your tips.

Well something needs changing. There is a way to stop this type of thing. One person I know has a fillable PDF file questionaire she sends new clients.

And usually if they are spending a not insignificant amount they are a lot more attentive and cooperative.

Because I have a part-time job, I changed my delivery timelines from 3 days to 5. I never use deadline extensions. I also removed 1-day delivery.

As for your cancellations, speak with customer service. If you’re over 90%, you won’t get demoted. Also, sometimes you can contact CS to cancel an order, I did this with a client who refused to give instruction, and my Order Completion Rate has remained at 100%. So don’t use the resolution center unless it’s a different issue.

No Instructions = Contact Customer Service

Thank you everyone for your input. I appreciate it and I will take it into account.

It looks like people went a bit off topic here but coming back on track I think it’s the first time we hear about a warning for too many cancellations.

You said you had only 2 cancellations this month? Or more?

You definitely should reach out to customer support with all details and screenshots and ask them to clarify this warning.

I think most of us had even 4 or more cancellations a month with mistaken orders but never received such a ridiculous warning.

Thank you for your tips.

It doesn’t matter if your requirements are easy. That doesn’t make it more likely buyers will comply.

As @misscrystal says, if your price is very cheap, buyers are much less likely to take it seriously. This doesn’t just apply to Fiverr. It’s established, well researched fact.

When people buy something, they’re making an investment. If people pay more significantly for something, it’s more likely that they will see that as an investment, take that investment seriously. They will also put more thought into seeking a return on the investment, which means they will be more thoughtful about their requirements. They are also less likely to forget to fill out your requirements — thoughtfully.

Also, the fact that you received a warning doesn’t mean that it was for lateness. It doesn’t look like that was the case.

I believe people misunderstood the scope of this topic. Seems no one really knows, so I will talk with support and see what I can do in situations like this. Anyway, a warning received for excessive cancellations is possible, so hopefully other people learn from this and they protect themselves. I will surely do that.

As for pricing, I have lots of people at the same price that clear care about their orders and reply. It seems I just had bad luck the past few months and people were in vacation and stuff… I doubt raising my prices will make a significant change here, I still have a large order inactive because the buyer didn’t submit any requirements yet, almost 2 months since the order was initiated.

Of course I went the cancellation route when I saw the lack of replies, now I know not to do that. As I said, raising prices might not be the best idea at least in my case. I will just wait and see how things are evolving, hopefully it was just bad luck.

I believe people misunderstood the scope of this topic. Seems no one really knows, so I will talk with support and see what I can do in situations like this. Anyway, a warning received for excessive cancellations is possible, so hopefully other people learn from this and they protect themselves. I will surely do that.

As for pricing, I have lots of people at the same price that clear care about their orders and reply. It seems I just had bad luck the past few months and people were in vacation and stuff… I doubt raising my prices will make a significant change here, I still have a large order inactive because the buyer didn’t submit any requirements yet, almost 2 months since the order was initiated.

Of course I went the cancellation route when I saw the lack of replies, now I know not to do that. As I said, raising prices might not be the best idea at least in my case. I will just wait and see how things are evolving, hopefully it was just bad luck.

Lots of people will care at that pricing, but clearly a lot of people don’t if you’re having to make a lot of cancellations. You’re disputing established fact: people take higher priced things more seriously. Just because you have some satisfied customers, that doesn’t mean that this isn’t true. We’re telling you how to avoid cancellations. I’m not sure why you’re debating this.

I’m confused. You said Fiverr told you that you received the warning because of excessive cancellations, so why are you asking if you received the warning for late orders?

I do have the occasional 5-10 minutes too late because I was proofreading, but I don’t think that’s really a major issue.

I do think it is. Not personally, I wouldn’t mind at all if a seller delivers ten minutes late and I didn’t mind when some were even more than a day late really (and I know many buyers don’t mind either, hence the 24-hour orders with notes in the requirements like “It’s fine if you deliver after the weekend” and such) but it’s not the buyers or Fiverr staff that determines late but that ticking time clock

• too late is too late
  • some buyers might mind
  • some buyers might mention it in the “private reviews” as “what could the seller do better”
  • some buyers might even directly complain at support
  • Fiverr most certainly minds (they wouldn’t send us “your order is due in less than 12 hour messages” else, they do because they mind enough to not just leave it up to us to remember that an order is due very soon

And if it’s just 5 or 10 minutes that are missing … that should be pretty easy to fix, hours or days would be more difficult but letting an order get late because of a few minutes doesn’t make much sense to me.

When you’re past the deadline, somewhere in the big clockwork Fiverr, this gets registered, be it one minute or 3 hours or 23, I don’t even know if there’s a difference really between that, other than “late”, and then “very late” after a day, and then “so late the buyer may cancel one-sidedly” after two, or so.

Just my opinion perhaps, but I think it’s more like an educated guess, IMO, you get a “strike” from the system as soon as you’re over the deadline, even for 5 minutes, so if that happens regularly and not just once in a blue moon because you were sick or something, it might be better to work on it by better planning or adjusting delivery time (I know, it’s a royal pain to fashion one’s gigs and packages as intricately as a Damascene blade, for all eventualities and all kinds of buyers 😉 , and a work of Sisyphos too, and you still can’t catch any eventualities, but you can mitigate).

If you always were majorly late, that might be really difficult, but 5-10 minutes - you can surely manage to be always 5-10 minutes early instead to make sure to not collect another warning for the same thing. 🙂

Best of luck to you, that warning certainly sounds scary, and you can never know for what else you might get one out of the blue, as you say the ToS don’t say anything about excessive orders, there may well be warnings to be had for other things the ToS don’t clearly spell out, so you’re right on with not wanting to collect more of them.

Hi guys

Recently I had an account warning that arrived out of nowhere, which said I had excessive cancellations. I stopped canceling any orders, especially those with no particular guidelines, however I would like to know if you have any idea whether having lots of late orders can lead to an account warning. I am over the 90% percentage, so there’s no demotion or anything. I checked all TOS for this and there doesn’t seem to be anything about it. Then again, it doesn’t really specify anything about excessive cancellations either, so I wanted to know if someone else has any experience with this kind of stuff. Obviously I want to keep my account safe like everyone here…

would like to know if you have any idea whether having lots of late orders can lead to an account warning.

Fiverr does issue warnings even when whatever it was for is not listed in the Terms of Service.

Fiverr has a million sellers. They are always finding ways to weed out sellers who consistently underperform in some ways, or who do something they don’t like.

It looks like people went a bit off topic here but coming back on track I think it’s the first time we hear about a warning for too many cancellations.

You definitely should reach out to customer support with all details and screenshots and ask them to clarify this warning.

I think most of us had even 4 or more cancellations a month with mistaken orders but never received such a ridiculous warning.

Two cancellations is nothing, back in the good old days of Fiverr, my Order Completion Rate was 87%, I used to lose hundreds of dollars in cancellations, even started recording it as a business expense. Losing $200 to $300 a month isn’t a big deal when you’re making $1,500 or $1,800.

Now my OCR is 100%, last month I made $256.

I wonder if Fiverr 2.0 gets upset over two cancellations?

I think someone’s account might have been closed because they kept extending orders past the 30 day limit to stop them going late.

It does say in the TOS “Sellers must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling orders will affect Sellers’ reputation and status.” Which is a bad rule really if seller’s can’t stop buyers from creating orders that don’t have the requirements filled in properly or other bad orders.

He said “Within the week I received that I only had maybe 1-2 cancellations”. It might take the last 60 days or maybe some other number of days into account. 2 a week could be about 17 in 60 days but we don’t know the actual number in the last 60 days. In this case it seems like it doesn’t take any account of people who get a large number of orders - if it works on the number of cancellations rather than the percentage of them.

Maybe we need a better system with no penalty for cancellations that aren’t the fault of the seller (I thought they were already supposed to have changed it to do that recently?) or an accept/reject button to stop bad/incomplete orders starting.

Archived