Is it possible to take a 2-3 month break from Fiverr

writer99025

…without losing your business here? Has anyone taken a really long break and got their business back to how it was before after coming back? I want to take a really long break and go on an all-India trip, visit every part of the country…but I don’t think I can, unless I’m willing to lose my business here.

I think you should get in touch with Customer Support first. Tell them what you’re aiming for. Maybe there’s a possibility for them to deactivate your gigs for more than only one month (standard vacation maximum). I used this mode once and got disappointed afterwards. It was in my second month as seller on Fiverr (now it’s the fifth). Over two weeks I had to struggle to find new clients. But retrospectively I think I might should have updated my gigs, upload a new gig video or else, to make the gigs attractive for Fiverr’s algorithms.

All in all, I’d definitely go for a try. You will be way happier if you do it than if you keep working till you bleed out.

That sounds like a dream, a lifetime journey and too good to not risk it.
I can´t help with advice from experience, alas, but am curious to see the replies too.
Hope it will work out fiverrwise, if you do it!..And…if you´ll have too much time inbetween orders until your business will be up to pre-break speed, use that time to write a book about your trip?

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I will work here for a few more months and then go on my trip, come back and reestablish my business. Obviously, I will have to take a break at some point, I can’t keep working continuously for years like this. I will inform my regular clients before I leave and plan every detail, so that I can get it up again after coming back.

I am actively looking to do this but for a much shorter time period. I have just got a seasonal part-time job (typical 9-5) and I really cannot balance Fiverr work and my job. So, unfortunately, I will have to leave Fiverr to do my job. However, it is seasonal so I might not have it after Christmas.

I actually feel slightly sad that I have to leave, I am not really sure why to be honest! But if I do come back, I want to make sure that I can carry on again without another long dry-up period (I just went through one and I am back!)

I was on vacation mode once for one month and oh boy…

After I came back, it was hard work to get back on track but on the other side, you need sometimes a break. Maybe you can hire someone to do your work for this time. It’s not profitable for you too but better than loosing customers I guess.

All the best.

For the first time in two years last month I took 06 days break due to my illness. My sells drop almost 50%, and still, I could not recover it 😦 I do not know what will be the solution. We are a human being, not a robot. There should be a solution.

Hay, I combination of both, I have taken various breaks of extended lengths and seemed to somewhat recover. Which means, I was getting the same amount of orders, per the amount of time I put in previously…

I even used vacation mode, I believe, and still returned to many sales. Also, its helps to have some ‘marketing’ experience and ‘add new Gig’s’ and really over-deliver and anne’d ant aunt whos good at marketing and being small… Futherless, having the highest ‘IQ’ north-north-midwest of the Equator also didn’t hurt my return success lol 😃

I imagined this would be the case, good to hear it. I´d tell the regular buyers I really like/wouldn´t want to lose, and I suppose some of those would still come back with orders then after the break, unless they got urgent things and find someone better/nicer to deal with in the meantime, if not, some will probably change back to one then, after all. Between that and new ones, with a few lost ones, that should balance itself out. Probably setting up a new gig, like Mario mentioned, will help with the latter too. Maybe one shouldn´t look at the whole thing in ‘lose’ terms, but in ‘change’ terms. 🙂

Archived