Fiverr Forum

Is it spam to advertise my gig in message?

i have a question, recently i send a message about my gig to another fiverr account holder…

i just told her

"i will write your name or text in 15 different style in just $5 ($10 discount )

checkout my gig and attached samples with your name"

and after 5 minutes she replayed

"CAN YOU NOT SPAM ME THANK YOU. i HAVE REPORTED YOU AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE BLOCKED IF YOU CONTINUE"

is it spam? i want to know that is it spam to advertise my gig in message?

Absolutely yes.

Unless you’re replying to buyers’ requests.

From Fiverr’s Terms of Service: “Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.”

Yes it is. But you can advertise it in the forum in My Fiverr Gigs.

thank you soo …but i have 1 more question …if she reported this will my account blocked or remain…and if fiverr blocked what i will do?

I think Fiverr will probably not ban you immediately. It will either give you a warning, or block you from contacting that particular account again.

thank you sooo much everyone… i’m too very about this…now i’ll not advertise my gig in message and thanks all…

Maybe it won’t get blocked if you don’t “message” more people. Of if you are charming in messaging and they’ll not report you as spam.

You messaged me too, but I was nice haha. It is spam, I was a bit confused you messaged me about designs as well seeing as my name is “idesigngraphic”.

Reply to @willpower_hk: thank you soo much now i will not send any message but i have 1 question will my account blocked?

Reply to @catwriter: thank you soo …but i have 1 more question …if she reported this will my account blocked or remain…and if fiverr blocked what i will do?

Reply to @rosebarlow: thank you soo …but i have 1 more question …if she reported this will my account blocked or remain…and if fiverr blocked what i will do?

Reply to @cyrill_james: You’ll have to wait and see what happens. You might get a warning, or staff could temporarily disable your messaging if you have spammed several people.

I doubt that they would delete your account if you only sent one spammy message.

Reply to @idesigngraphic: yeah i know, you was so nice and again i extremely sorry…my friend told me to do this for getting more orders but i didn’t know it’s against the fiverr toss

Reply to @cyrill_james: We all start somewhere. Good luck! :slight_smile: