Is it still a good time to start my type of service on fiverr?

lantanaextras

Dear Fiverrs,

Good to join the community. I was wondering if it a good time to start a transcription gig on fiverr. Will I ever get order(s) at this period of the year?

Any help on improving my gig will also be appreciated - fiverr.com/lantanaextras.

I appreciate your contribution in advance.

I was wondering if it a good time to start a transcription gig on fiverr. Will I ever get order(s) at this period of the year?

If you are good at the transcription services you offer (and you can prove it within each order delivery), and you reach out to the customers who need your services, then yes, you might gain sales. Fiverr, however, does NOT guarantee success. Fiverr is merely a platform where you can host your freelance services. YOU are responsible for building your reputation as a great seller, and connecting with your target customers.

The volume of orders you could gain is generally reflective of the work you put into your gig, particularly in terms of in design (eye-catching gigs), services, and marketing and promotion.

I was wondering if it a good time to start a transcription gig on fiverr. Will I ever get order(s) at this period of the year?

If you are good at the transcription services you offer (and you can prove it within each order delivery), and you reach out to the customers who need your services, then yes, you might gain sales. Fiverr, however, does NOT guarantee success. Fiverr is merely a platform where you can host your freelance services. YOU are responsible for building your reputation as a great seller, and connecting with your target customers.

The volume of orders you could gain is generally reflective of the work you put into your gig, particularly in terms of in design (eye-catching gigs), services, and marketing and promotion.

Thanks for the honest response, Jon. I like how you state it that “Fiverr, however, does NOT guarantee success”. I have often see people exaggerate that part, as though the whole system is guaranteed on a plug-and-play.

Dear Fiverrs,

Good to join the community. I was wondering if it a good time to start a transcription gig on fiverr. Will I ever get order(s) at this period of the year?

Any help on improving my gig will also be appreciated - fiverr.com/lantanaextras.

I appreciate your contribution in advance.

Will I ever get order(s) at this period of the year?

I would focus on what Jon said at the end.

I had a quick look at your gig.

As you probably know by now, it starts with an eye-catching thumbnail. There are close to 6K gig in your category. Have a look and see how many of those have some combination of keyboard and headset photos.

And then look at the gigs with 1K sales. Quite a lot of those have videos, key selling points etc. How much does a stock photo say compared to custom cover with keywords such as delivery time, certifications and what not. Give it a try.

The videos in your category aren’t that great(pretty low cost), but put yourself in customer shoes. How many times you wish to open up a gig? I can’t speak for others, but I’d rather watch a thumbnail video and if I don’t like it I move on to the next.

Maybe it works maybe it doesn’t but I would at least try that.

You have plenty of time to browse through this forum and find new tips on how to improve your gig.

I’d say, once you go through the basics and elevate your gig, there shouldn’t be a problem to land at least a few orders.

Archived