Is it time to edit my gigs?

richardfmendes

A lot of people are experiencing a slow down in views and clicks for the last few weeks. Partly due to the huge influx of new sellers caused by COVID.

It may also just be a slow month, last year I had only 4 jobs in May and made only $20, but things picked up after that.

For me, this drought period it started in the first days of August after I delivered my last order, I had a dry period of almost 10 days.

When I went to check my gig it was in the 5th row of the first page for relevance using my keywords.

It used to be a lot higher, thankfully I am still first or second row for best selling, so I have hopes yet.

This week I had a small job for an old-time client, and a small new one (which I am sad to say will probably be marked as complete automatically) so I hope my standings will go up soon with some more jobs done.

A lot of people tell me that positions are cyclical, so there is always the possibility of my gigs going back up.

I kind of want to edit my gig to see if it recovers a bit, I haven’t done it in over a year after all,
but I am scared it may make things even worse.

I think I will wait a couple of days, if I go a couple of days in a row without a click and declining views I will edit it a bit, change my descriptions and offer better packages, etc.

What do you guys think?

You may find this article useful - a lot of us did:

Hey everyone! As promised I will try to create a post, in an effort to shed some light over the issues that most of us seem to be facing ever since we got hit with the wonderful twofer of Covid-19 AND the analytics system breaking down. I will share what little insights I have over how SERP may or may not work, but I will avoid diving into too much detail as I have in no way figured things out. (Nor is that my intent) OK so to kick things off, let me just state the obvious: Everything I shar…

Archived