Is product testing actually allowed on Fiverr?

janali

I’ve just been asked by a buyer to test and review a product that I would have to purchase through amazon and I could only find threads regarding this question from 2014, so I wanted to know what the current situation is.
Are we allowed to buy and test products and write reviews about them? The client did not ask me to write a positive review, which I know is not allowed by amazon itself.

I saw there are plenty of sellers offering testing and reviewing products as a gig but that usually doesn’t mean that Fiverr is okay with this.

Interesting topic indeed.

I did not find anything specific in ToS about it but it loudly sounds to me like gaming with review system.

You would probably need to write very nice and positive product review in order to get nice and positive review from Buyer. I do not like it all…

EDIT: Well, I found it in Fiverr’s Community Standards

Paid reviews

Do not post, offer or ask for paid reviews, positive or negative feedback on any product, service or performance.

Have you been asked to leave a review on Amazon?

If so, it is against Amazon’s Customer Review policy:

"Violations to Customer Reviews policies include, but are not limited to, these actions:

• A seller offers a third party a financial reward, discount, free products, or other compensation in exchange for a review on their product or their competitor’s product. This includes using services that sell customer reviews, websites, or social media groups."

Therefore, it would be a “Third-party ToS violation” on Fiverr, which someone on this forum just posted that he received a short while ago.

Also, I don’t see that you offer any gigs related to this, so isn’t it a bit fishy that someone would contact you about this?

Have you been asked to leave a review on Amazon?

If so, it is against Amazon’s Customer Review policy:

"Violations to Customer Reviews policies include, but are not limited to, these actions:

• A seller offers a third party a financial reward, discount, free products, or other compensation in exchange for a review on their product or their competitor’s product. This includes using services that sell customer reviews, websites, or social media groups."

Therefore, it would be a “Third-party ToS violation” on Fiverr, which someone on this forum just posted that he received a short while ago.

Also, I don’t see that you offer any gigs related to this, so isn’t it a bit fishy that someone would contact you about this?

True, I read that sellers on amazon are not allowed to offer promo-codes or free products in exchange for reviews, but they are still allowed to offer promo-codes or free products in general, buyers are just not bound to writing reviews anymore.

So if he had just asked me to test the product, that would be okay but since he asked for a review in exchange I am guessing it is not.

True, but he asked me to write the review in German, which I guess makes a bit more sense, since I didn’t see any German sellers offering gigs for testing products.

Interesting topic indeed.

I did not find anything specific in ToS about it but it loudly sounds to me like gaming with review system.

You would probably need to write very nice and positive product review in order to get nice and positive review from Buyer. I do not like it all…

EDIT: Well, I found it in Fiverr’s Community Standards

Paid reviews

Do not post, offer or ask for paid reviews, positive or negative feedback on any product, service or performance.

You would probably need to write very nice and positive product review in order to get nice and positive review from Buyer.

I didn’t even think of that yet! That makes it a lot more difficult.

Paid reviews

Thanks! I wonder why there are still so many gigs out there doing exactly that, offering paid reviews but I’m guessing it’s just that Fiverr hasn’t caught up on them all yet.

Archived